• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Organic Ranking Different On Various Computers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 acadia

acadia

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

How come our organic rankings appear different on different computers. On my laptop the keyword "voluspa" shows b-glowing.com as the second organic ranking under Voluspa's website. On another computer in our office we are #10 on page 1.

Again, on my computer "Diana B" b-glowing has the #1 organic ranked slot. But on the computer in our backroom...and on a friend's computer in their house....we are on page 3 for "diana b".

I thought organic rankings were supposed to be universal? How do I know I can trust that what my computer shows is what most consumers are seeing?

Thanks for your input!

Lisa

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

I thought organic rankings were supposed to be universal?

That's never been the case. Even if the only difference is that you're connecting to a different datacenter there are going to be fluctuations. Constantly.

Add to this that now the search engines are getting more into Personalization, and it can depend a good bit upon if they have profiled you from one computer and not on another. Or profiled you one way on one computer and a totally different way on another computer.

And that's not even getting into possible geo location or regional effects.

How do I know I can trust that what my computer shows is what most consumers are seeing?

The short answer is you can't.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

That's why rankings are a not a good measure of success!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.