• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Kids

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

My daughter was so funny this morning. Let me preface all of this by saying it's Prom day here.

The Setup
We have this little ritual each morning before school. I wake her up at 6, then head downstairs to my office, or if I've already been up and going for awhile as is often the case I head back to my office. She takes care of her own breakfast, showers and primps. When she gets ready to head out for school around 7:15 she comes down on the way to the garage to remind me to feed the cats and to tell me what's going on after school, etc, etc.

Now, most other people hate mornings. I love 'em. And not just because I get more work done between 6 and 9am than I do the rest of the day. I love mornings mainly because when I read the mail from overnight I get my previous day's sales totals and also see all of the orders that came in over night. It's a great way to start off your day! I actually get joy out of entering sales totals into Quickbooks, which I do every day before 6:30.

The last couple of years as she's gotten more aware of financial stuff (she's 18 and going off to college this year, so it's time!) she's started greeting me on school mornings with "So how much did we make last night while we slept?" To which I always reply "Well, you apparently didn't make anything, but I made <insert some dollar amount>."

It's kind of a running gag. I promised her several years ago that if she went to college and got herself a degree, in what I don't much care, I'd either retire and hand my business over to her or help her build one for herself if I'm not yet ready to cut back. She knows I'm serious on that one so she's taking a bigger interest in just how much money it all makes from day to day, week to week and month to month.

This morning she startled me because she was up far earlier than normal for a Saturday. She was up early because she had an appointment to get her hair done and had to make it for 9am with it being Prom day. I certainly wasn't expecting her to come trundling down the stairs at 7:30 to fill me in on the days plans. But being a good kid that's what she does.

When she gets done giving me the schedule she asks the question I never get on a Saturday. "So dadda, how much did we make last night while we slept?" Then, before I could get out my standard answer she adds, "I hope it was a lot, because I've spent a fortune on Prom and need more money put in my account for tonight!"

hysterical.gif Kids, gotta love 'em.

Evidently she'd not used her ATM card yesterday. Cuz if she had she'd have seen that I'd already transferred over a few thou to shore her up yesterday morning so I wouldn't have to worry about running to the bank this morning. wink1.gif

#2 Yoshimi

Yoshimi

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE(Randy @ Apr 25 2009, 08:45 PM) View Post
I'd already transferred over a few thou to shore her up yesterday morning

Will you be my dad too?

#3 NASA

NASA

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:12 AM

Will you be my dad too?
Me Three!

I get more work done between 6 and 9am
Have you tried vallium?

I'm barely awake then, I leave for work @ 9.00 to get in for 9:15.

What time you go to bed Randy?

#4 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

No and NO! I don't need or want any more kids. One plenty enough to give me lots of gray hair!

Depends NASA. Typically I go to bed between 11 and midnight. Earlier if I'm not feeling well or need to be up earlier than normal. Later if there's something good on the tube that hooks me in. I'm one of those strange birds who functions better on 5-6 hours of sleep per night. When I get the normally recommended 8 I'm lethargic.

And of course since I work for myself if I ever get too little at night there's almost always time for a nap during the day when everybody else is working. lol.gif

#5 NASA

NASA

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:18 AM

One plenty enough to give me lots of gray hair!
at least you got hair to go grey!

Me I could sleep for England, 16 hours hasn't been unheard of smile.gif

But on the other hand, I have times when I stay up for 3 days straight!

I tend to find when i'm awake I don't want to go to bed and when i'm in bed I don't want to get up. Go figure?

#6 benson

benson

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:13 AM

Randy,I envy you.I had always dreamed to be in the same financial indepence as you have now. I was hoping to set up an online business so that I would be able to put my 2 kids through college with income generated from it. I went about doing it when my kids were not even in secondary schools(high schools, guess you understand me here) yet, now they are already in college and I'm no way near my target. Maybe I got to wait for them to graduate and help me finish the job instead of being handed down a business as you would to your kid. Shame on me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!