• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Youtube Video Vs. Google Video

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

I have a non-profit client who comes to me with investigation videos which, if when she has the rights to the source, I upload to her website along with a paragraph or so of content.

She has a marketing agency that has come to me recently to also upload the videos to Youtube, AOL, Google, iReport, and potentially Timbuktu if it existed.

I can see some purpose in uploading to either Youtube or Google video and perhaps a news service, but I'm sensing more that they are clutching at straws rather than focusing on what makes sense.

Q1) Is there much if any gain in uploading to both Youtube & Google video?
Q2) Then to AOL?

Focused feedback appreciated.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,162 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

Please see this other thread on this topic:
http://www.highranki...showtopic=40089

Closing this one.

#3 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Apr 23 2009, 12:24 PM) View Post
Please see this other thread on this topic:
http://www.highranki...showtopic=40089

Closing this one.

Thanks for reopening...

Let's ignore the post vs host thoughts for a moment. What I really want to know is if there is substantial value in uploading to multiple video websites such as google, youtube, aol, etc. This feels like a rather redundant effort if they all get indexed anyway.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,162 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

I would think redundant, but then again, there's more opportunity for it to be found within all those other video sites. And if you have profiles there and are promoting your business within the video, it seems like it would be a good thing.

I'll have to look at uploading my videos to other sites. I haven't bothered yet as I just haven't felt like spending the time on it.

#5 Mr Biggles

Mr Biggles

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Apr 24 2009, 07:40 AM) View Post
I would think redundant, but then again, there's more opportunity for it to be found within all those other video sites. And if you have profiles there and are promoting your business within the video, it seems like it would be a good thing.

I'll have to look at uploading my videos to other sites. I haven't bothered yet as I just haven't felt like spending the time on it.

You can use Tubemogul to upload a single video to multiple sites at the same time, about 10 sites by default.

I am finding my videos on Metacafe and some other ones rank faster than youtube.

I think once google can detect the content of a video, then it will be redundant (I dont know if they can yet) But if you go into each one afterwards (once the upload has been completed) and target for different keywords, how does Google know its the same video, I really don't think it can, so it will treat each copy as a seperate video.
This is handy if your video cuts across a range of keywords you want to market to.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,162 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

Thanks for the tip, Mr. B!

#7 Mr Biggles

Mr Biggles

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Apr 24 2009, 11:40 PM) View Post
Thanks for the tip, Mr. B!

No problems:)

I hope it entitles me to a free cup of tea if I am ever in that part of the world.

I would love to see the river when they turn it green.

#8 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(Mr Biggles @ Apr 24 2009, 11:30 PM) View Post
No problems:)

I hope it entitles me to a free cup of tea if I am ever in that part of the world.

I would love to see the river when they turn it green.

This is a great tip. In Jill's neck of the world you'll have to settle for a Boston Tea Party; in mine you get the whole shop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!