• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Options For White Label Integration

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 oneofthe3lions

oneofthe3lions

Paz

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:47 PM

I had a booking interface built in php for use on our website that allows online booking and live availability from some of our partners.

Some of these partners, namely hotels/venues love the software and are managing availability through it.

I will be building up an affiliate type network of partners also so others can earn a commission and use it from their own websites.

Now many will be happy to direct link and use tracking etc to keep track of sales and this is easy with affiliate tracking software and the like but others, in particular the hotel chains themselves will need something that can be integrated into their own websites as they simply won't link out for bureaucratic reasons.

iframes are not the solution altho are a way of achieving this I suspect.

White labels I think is correct terminology.

Is this going to be a difficult task?

Do I have to have different databases or install our database on their servers?

Ideally it would be a simple block/plug-in similar to other types of booking engines, you know like a search box, dates etc

Our database is using mysql

Any pointers about the best route to go would be appreciated.

Gracias

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

If people are going to be using it from their own websites they'd probably want it to work pretty much transparently. Given this small fact you'd probably want to end up using something like CURL calls where the data could be securely passed back and forth in the background. Similar to the way data is passed back and forth between e-commerce web sites and merchant interfaces like Authorize.net and the like.

#3 oneofthe3lions

oneofthe3lions

Paz

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(Randy @ May 2 2009, 11:21 AM) View Post
If people are going to be using it from their own websites they'd probably want it to work pretty much transparently. Given this small fact you'd probably want to end up using something like CURL calls where the data could be securely passed back and forth in the background. Similar to the way data is passed back and forth between e-commerce web sites and merchant interfaces like Authorize.net and the like.

CURL calls eh? That's a new one. Thnx Randy I will look into that.

Regards

#4 NASA

NASA

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:16 AM

You can also make simple AJAX calls using HTTPS.

Though you may find the cross-domain security an issue.

#5 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:30 AM

That's the reason I didn't bring up AJAX. Or cross domain php includes for that matter. Because there are security issues.

If security isn't a major concern (eg you're not saving customer information) both of those may be options. Or if you're simply delivering info to the other sites you may even be able to use xml schema to create an API that allows verified connections. That's probably the way I'd approach it if security isn't an issue.

If security is an issue there's no need to reinvent the wheel. PHP and CURL have been used since the dawn of e-commerce to provide secure server-to-server data transactions.

#6 Katy

Katy

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:24 AM

You could also have a look into XML-RPC which allows you to pass data into an function on another site - sort of like an API but the integration work is all done for you as the framework's already built - you just need to sort out the functions.

See http://www.xmlrpc.com/ for details, there' also the O'Reilley Book "Programming Web Services with XML-RPC" which I have found very helpful

FYI this is what most blogging platforms use to allow third party programs to post into blogs.

#7 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:07 AM

or if you can code server side, some form of SOAP method may be possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.