• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Double Keyword In Url?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 etana

etana

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:55 AM

I am considering changing the domain of my website from keyframeonline.com to keyframeanimation.com. The latter is much closer to the full name of the site, (Keyframe: the Animation Resource), and a much better indication of what the site is actually about. My concern is that we've used a URL rewriter for years and many of our links would look something like the following once the domain has been changed:

www.keyframeanimation.com/Animation/Bambi/31/

Pushing the word "animation" into the URL made sense when I was stuck with 'keyframeonline' as my domain, however now my concern is that search engines might read the new URL as a double keyword push of "animation" and penalize me as a result.

Do you see this as something that I should be concerned about?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,984 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:47 AM

It's fine. But I wouldn't be changing the domain name unless you really have to. While it's not as bad as it used to be, it sometimes takes awhile to gain the same traction with search engines you once had.

If your domain has some authority and decent links it probably won't be too bad though. But the file names are not a problem at all.

#3 vavietnam

vavietnam

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Apr 22 2009, 07:47 PM) View Post
It's fine. But I wouldn't be changing the domain name unless you really have to. While it's not as bad as it used to be, it sometimes takes awhile to gain the same traction with search engines you once had.

If your domain has some authority and decent links it probably won't be too bad though. But the file names are not a problem at all.

Jill, what's about: keyondomain.com/key.html?

Is it good or bad? And can my site go to #1 if my domain's contains no key?

#4 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

Loading up the url address with your keyword terms isn't going to give you the king of bump most people think it will. Not all by itself anyway. And not as much as linking to that page using the keyword phrase as the anchor text. So while it's not necessarily bad, it's just not as helpful as most seem to think it is.

And can my site go to #1 if my domain's contains no key?

It sure can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!