• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Site Home Page No Traffics !

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rajesh

Rajesh

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:07 AM

Hi All

Can any one suggest what are possibilities are arise if inner page is performing well and getting good traffics from Google but home page of the site is no where in Google ranking so no traffics are coming from the generic keywords.

let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks in Advance.

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:43 AM

Sounds pretty normal to me.

Less competitive phrases are easier to rank for. More generic ones are harder to rank for, so generally take more work and longer to attain.

#3 Rajesh

Rajesh

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:17 AM

Hi Randy

Thanks for your reply even i changed the meats and we check the title under double quote it is not showing domain in Google SERP. Is some kind of penalties for home page ? Before one year back its work fine for me and have rank in top ten for generic keywords.

#4 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:08 AM

Impossible to say without considerably more details. The double quotes simply search for an exact match, which may or may not help to make the competitor pool smaller depending upon the search phrase. And you don't say how deeply in the SERPs you're looking when you do these searches.

Is there a solid reason to suspect a penalty? Penalties don't just happen without some sort of infraction. So has there been any funny business on the page in the past?

#5 Rajesh

Rajesh

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE(Randy @ Apr 22 2009, 04:38 PM) View Post
Impossible to say without considerably more details. The double quotes simply search for an exact match, which may or may not help to make the competitor pool smaller depending upon the search phrase.

Yes [removed domain] and if we place our home page title in double quotes it should be show in exact match case but we can't see in Google SERPs at least in top 100 then we understand and what you suggest to do in it.

Thanks in Advance

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,939 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:44 AM

It depends on what you did that may have been a trick to the search engines. Fix that and then apply for reinclusion.

If you didn't do anything, then I'd say to hire an SEO consultant to look through everything and try to figure it out.

#7 Rajesh

Rajesh

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:25 AM

Thanks Jill

Is that possible only home page for any site is restricted by Google or some kind of penalties or you can say in the sand box ? If others page is working fine in terms of traffics ?

#8 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:56 AM

Sure it's possible for any page to be dinged if it was up to funny business. Or for that matter it could look and feel like it was being penalized if it was simply duplicate or near duplicate content that was available on another more authoritative domain. I always start out checking for that in such situations.

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,939 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:49 AM

Is that possible only home page for any site is restricted by Google or some kind of penalties

Yes. Is it keyword-stuffed?

#10 Rajesh

Rajesh

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:13 AM

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I don't think i used keyword-stuffed if we have main targeted keyword "mobile phones" on the page at least i can say after check from the tool

Keyword Count Density

mobile 36 6.17%
nokia 33 5.66%
samsung 31 5.32%
phones 30 5.15%

Yes we used flash on the top of the page with extension .swf

#11 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,939 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:22 AM

Well you're competing in one of the most competitive spaces there is if those are your actual keyword phrases. You're going to need a huge amount of high quality incoming links.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!