• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

302 Redirects Afeects Your Page Rank

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mydeal24

mydeal24

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

let us say if we use 302 redirect method to redirect to other site links ,how google perceive this.Is it treated as external link or link from your own site..or will you be penalized for doing this.

And how long google will take to consider this..for example if I change all external links to 302 redirects..and in the home page will have links from my own site...

Appreciate any input.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,083 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:56 AM

Redirects are not treated as links, they simply redirect a person from one URL to another.

Typically, you want to use 301's, not 302's unless it's just a temporary redirect.

#3 mydeal24

mydeal24

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

Thanks for your fast response..I think I was not very clear about the question.Let us say a site uses affliate links to list products and because of this google does not give a decent page ranks to the site..So using 301 or 302 would help the page rank..affliate links can not be removed as business model is based on affliate commisions..I see some of other sites use this technique and they have decent page rank.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,083 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:30 PM

.Let us say a site uses affliate links to list products and because of this google does not give a decent page ranks to the site

I'm not sure that your basic premise is even true, so the rest of the question can't really be answered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!