• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Best Way To Do Domain Forwarding

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ravi Verma

Ravi Verma

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:37 PM

Hi,

I have a website(say abcxyz dot com) now I purchased another domain name(say myname dot com) and using domain CP of myname dot com I forward it to abcxyz dot com. so whenever someone types, myname dot com it actually shows content of abcxyz dot com but the domain name in address bar remains myname dot com(masking).

My question is, is it a good process? is it SEO friendly? If not, then how can i make it SEO friendly.

I have not given the real domain names, since I don't think the [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules]Forum Rules[/url] will allow that. In case, some wants to check that, please allow me to PM.

Regards,
Ravi

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:50 PM

My question is, is it a good process? is it SEO friendly? If not, then how can i make it SEO friendly.

No.

No.

Make sure it's a 301 Permanently Moved redirect as reported by the server. It's not now.

Though I hope you don't expect to gain anything by pointing a new, not linked to domain to another domain. You won't. The 301 would however help to control any possible confusion down the road.

#3 Ravi Verma

Ravi Verma

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:38 PM

Kindly explain how to create 301 redirect.

Regards,
Ravi

#4 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:22 AM

umm... I and others already have explained this several dozen times. As you'll see when you visit our 301 redirects section of the forum.

#5 Ravi Verma

Ravi Verma

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(Randy @ Apr 14 2009, 06:22 AM) View Post
umm... I and others already have explained this several dozen times. As you'll see when you visit our 301 redirects section of the forum.

Yes, I will go through it now. Just one last question, will I be able to use both the domain names for the site or one will become almost useless from seo point of view. i want both the domains to be there and both be seo friendly.

#6 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:29 AM

You'll only have one domain to SEO. The other will simply point anyone who ends up at it to the real location.

#7 Ravi Verma

Ravi Verma

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE(Randy @ Apr 14 2009, 06:29 AM) View Post
You'll only have one domain to SEO. The other will simply point anyone who ends up at it to the real location.

Does that mean, seo effort on one domain will also benefit the other domain? moreover, will SE index both the domains?

#8 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:36 AM

Does that mean, seo effort on one domain will also benefit the other domain?

No. It means only one domain, the final destination, will appear in the SERPs. As is right and proper.

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:29 AM

What Randy is telling you is that two domains don't gain you any SEO advantage.

This one has been in our SEO FAQ for years:

Should I buy numerous keyword rich domains?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!