• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Getting A Sponsored Search Campaign Off The Ground

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Basil Glew-Galloway

Basil Glew-Galloway

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:00 AM

I've been setting up new campaigns for my business on yahoo PPC, and I'm getting lots of Content Match clicks, but no Sponsored Search clicks. Should I set my bids extra high to start with until they take off? Any thoughts on why I may not be getting any Sponsored Search clicks? I know these are terms that are being searched for, and I find my competitors when I use these terms.
Thanks in advance for any advice
Basil

#2 NoJoy

NoJoy

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:10 AM

Are your terms getting impressions and no clicks? If you are not getting very many impressions, then you may have to raise your bid. It is not unusual to pay more initially for new ad campaigns since the position is based on ad quality and click through rates. If you are not getting any impressions at all, make sure your ads have been approved.

#3 Basil Glew-Galloway

Basil Glew-Galloway

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(NoJoy @ Apr 10 2009, 02:10 PM) View Post
Are your terms getting impressions and no clicks? If you are not getting very many impressions, then you may have to raise your bid. It is not unusual to pay more initially for new ad campaigns since the position is based on ad quality and click through rates. If you are not getting any impressions at all, make sure your ads have been approved.

I am getting impressions, and I have a 3/5 quality index for the sponsored search- just no clicks. Thanks for the quick response, I will try higher initial bids.

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

If your bid were too low, you wouldn't be getting impressions in the first place.

If you're getting impressions but no clicks, the problem is not with your bid, it's with your ad. The text of the ad is not inspiring people to click on it. Try to make it more compelling -- offer a better reason for people to click through to your landing page.

And, of course, if you get clicks but few to no conversions, then the problem is likely with your landing page: the offer, the layout, the copy, etc.

You might also want to consider separating the content and search network into two campaigns. If you're getting clicks on the campaign network, then it's possible your ad text is working there, and you only need to change the text for the search network. (You probably want to bid separately on each, as well.)

--Torka mf_prop.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!