• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Amazon To Stop Paying Affiliates For Paid Search Referrals

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:28 PM

Just a heads up for any out there who are Amazon Affiliates and use PPC to drive traffic.

The source is in Amazon's Affiliate FAQ

After careful review of how we are investing our advertising resources, we have made the decision to no longer pay referral fees to Associates who send users to www.amazon.com, www.amazon.ca, or www.endless.com through keyword bidding and other paid search on Google, Yahoo, MSN, and other search engines. As of May 1, 2009, these paid search Associates will not be paid referral fees.

The gist is you can no longer bid on phrases in PPC and either send the traffic directly to the three mentioned Amazon properties, or send the traffic to your own web site and immediately redirect to the mentioned Amazon properties. If you do they're not going to pay you a commission referral starting on May 1, and if you're using their feeds they're going to cut off your access to those.

You apparently can still bid on PPC terms, send the traffic to your site then link to the appropriate Amazon page by the way I read it.

#2 Niche

Niche

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

Not sure why they have done this. I tried using PPC for amazon a couple of years ago and made a huge loss. I cannot imagine a lot of people were making a big income with PPC and amazon. With the one day cookie as well, was rather limiting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!