Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?
More SEO Content
Keywords Containing X Excluding Y In Goan
Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:24 PM
Am I missing something or is this not possible with GoAn? Is there a workaround?
Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:56 PM
When you're logged in scroll down and look for Advanced Segments in the Settings area along the left hand side of the page. It's still in beta so hopefully it's been enabled in your account.
- Click on the + Create new custom segment link in the upper right corner.
- In the Dimensions box click on Traffic Sources to expand the menu. Click and drag Keyword to the top little box with a green dashed outline.
- Make Condition equal to Contains and put the value of the keyword you want to show up in the Value box. It's usually best to leave the Case sensitive box unchecked.
- Click on the Add "and" statement link.
- Click and drag Keyword over to the new green dashed box the above action created.
- This time make the Condition Does not contain and the value of the word or words you want to exclude. Assuming it's just one word. If you need something more sophisticated you can use the Does not match regular expression.
- Give your new custom segment a name, like Require "Keyword1" Exclude "Keyword2" to make it easy to figure out what it is. Save it.
Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:09 AM
Very useful feature. I've seen the buttons and been meaning to check it out but there's still so much for me to lean in GoAn I just hadn't got round to trying that one yet.
Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:25 AM
To me AS simply more like Filters on Steroids, or since you see several versions of data at once Comparative Filters. The really nice part being that you can apply your Segmenting Filters on any and all data, without having to have them in place before the data comes in like you do with normal user defined filters.
Anyway, yes they're quite powerful and quite useful. It just takes a couple of tries to get used to 'em. But it's not like you can screw up your account or anything by playing with 'em since you can either apply them to the data or not at any time.
Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:18 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users