• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Fluctuations In Ranking

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sanman

sanman

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

Lately I have been experiencing fluctuation in ranking of my sites, if one day it is in first page then another day in second page, earlier it was not like that, are you all experiencing this fluctuation? Is there any update going on at Google?

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

I don't track rankings all that closely, only looking when I see a sudden rise or dip in traffic or sales. That said, it looks like Google may be testing some new things or possibly just rebuilding their index. I've had a couple of sites take a bit wider swings than is "normal", whatever that is, the last few days. Going back to last weekend on the couple I noticed when running traffic reports late last week. Not much, but a couple of positions more fluctuation than I typically see.

Sales haven't been affected, but I have seen some traffic jumps. It's evening out for me though.

#3 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:25 AM

I seem to have lost all my rankings since I moved server, I used to be no.1 in MSN for my main KWD, now I can't even find my site.

Nor can I find myself in Google. I don't understand where all my listings have gone!

Edit: I've just done a search of MSN and I'm no.1 again , yet at home I had vanished.

I know the G! missing me is the UK vs USA server issue , but still I have noticed some really funky rankings not just in G! but MSN too.

Verry odd.

#4 sanman

sanman

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(Randy @ Apr 2 2009, 08:42 PM) View Post
I don't track rankings all that closely, only looking when I see a sudden rise or dip in traffic or sales. That said, it looks like Google may be testing some new things or possibly just rebuilding their index. I've had a couple of sites take a bit wider swings than is "normal", whatever that is, the last few days. Going back to last weekend on the couple I noticed when running traffic reports late last week. Not much, but a couple of positions more fluctuation than I typically see.

Sales haven't been affected, but I have seen some traffic jumps. It's evening out for me though.

So I believe, the ranking will be back.

Also, here my concern is, there are some other sites which is not at all affected, especially the site which is on 1st position. Any idea?

#5 Om27

Om27

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:06 AM

Sometimes it does happen that you do have fluctuations for your keywords and then you sort of try to figure out, did something really went wrong? But, that is just for a day or two, then it tends to stabilize. I think Google just updated its algorithms and there also have been some major changes, so may be its quite possible that some of the keywords are may be going back due to this massive change in the search algorithms. But, normally, it is just a temporary thing and the rankings are restored after some time.

#6 Omar

Omar

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:36 AM

I've been experiencing drops in google rankings over the month of February and now drops in Llve/MSN (all keywords that i've been ranking for) for the Marcch period. Drops in Google rankings I suspect is due the the algorithm update which took place around january. I've been left scratching my head with Live/MSN. Has anyone else noticed similar drops in their rankings?

#7 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

Omar, I like many other people have noticed interesting changes in Google search results with the usual post-algorithmic gains and losses. My bellwether queries for Live.com, however, don't seem to have changed much.

Have you done anything with your site or linking in the last couple of months that Live might have taken notice of? Sometimes things just change temporarily but if you're losing traffic from both search engines that may signal something you did is causing the change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.