• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Different Pr On Landing And Index Page?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anne999

anne999

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:12 AM

I was under the impression that the landing page and the the index page were in fact the same page. I see a 2 PR point difference between these two pages (as seen in the Google toolbar). I'm not really concerned about this difference, but just wanted to clarify whether these two pages were the same one or not.

Thanks,
Anne

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:07 AM

Landing page or Home page? Every page of your site is a potential landing page.

I'm going to assume from your question that you're referring to the home page (eg www.youdomain.com) and its index page (eg www.yourdomain.com/index.html). They're different addresses so are considered different pages in the beginning, though typically the engines will eventually figure out they're the same thing and merge the two together. It's hard to say if this merging has taken place for your site yet. Try doing a site:yourdomain.com type of search to see if both pages are indeed indexed.

#3 anne999

anne999

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:20 AM

Thanks Randy. Yes, I meant home page (www.mysite.ca/). When I run a site:www.mysite.ca in Google, I only see a listing for the www.mysite.ca/ page and not the www.mysite.ca/index.htm page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!