Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?
More SEO Content
What Do You Think Of My Seo Check List?
Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:12 AM
OK, I have been given the task to help Optimise an education website....
We already have a very well ranked existing site, but now we would like to launch a slightly different site offering different products
Here is what we have decided to do:
1. Inclusion into the Education + Business Directory listing for Yahoo!
2. Ensure that all anchor text keywords are clear with no 'click-here' text
3. Check and amend inbound anchor text from our well ranked site to our new site
4. Create new pages on our well ranked site specifically for the new site with one-way links going to new site
5. Make sure that title tags all contain a variation of our most search key terms
6. Make sure that all links from the new site to our well ranked site have a rel="no follow" tag
7. Try to get the new site in the DMOZ directory listings
Thanks guys - we would REALLY appreciate your thoughts!!
Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:13 PM
Where are things like keyword research, and developing well-written keyword-appropriate content? I see title tags and linking, but nothing related to making sure your keywords are actually the best ones to be using (not just "vanity" keywords or internal company jargon), nor anything addressing the actual on-page content of the new site.
And why on earth would you nofollow the links from the new site back to your old site? That just makes no sense, IMO.
(Oh, and you can skip the DMOZ step if you want. If you insist, don't bother "trying" all that hard -- just submit it once and forget it. Move on to other more productive tasks. It will get in if it gets in, and it's really not going to make that much difference either way.)
Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:17 AM
But I thought that google frowns upon reciprocal links?
Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:40 AM
This old myth is simply untrue.
It would be wise to stop reading wherever you heard that one.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users