• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Hierarchy Structure Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 goldjake

goldjake

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:57 PM

I am trying to build easy pages to follow the flash selector. I was just wondering. I am trying to build some better and easier urls to follow. Is it easier to follow mysite.com/zebra.aspx and than go to mysite.com/zebra.aspx?animal=zebra or is it better just to go to a random page to follow the flash such as going from mysite.com/zebra.aspx to mysite.com/zebras.aspx?animal=dog? There are like 50 types of animals that i am pulling from the database?

I am having a debate with my designer. Of course i am the boss but eh you know how it goes. I am programming it anyway

Edited by goldjake, 30 March 2009 - 02:08 PM.

#2 Deverill

Deverill

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(goldjake @ Mar 30 2009, 02:57 PM) View Post
Is it easier to follow mysite.com/zebra.aspx and than go to mysite.com/zebra.aspx?animal=zebra or is it better just to go to a random page to follow the flash such as going from mysite.com/zebra.aspx to mysite.com/zebras.aspx?animal=dog?

Easier for whom? For a visitor, mysite.com/zebra.aspx is easier than that plus ?magic-web-pixie-dust-parameters. For a spider or a link, it doesn't matter - they both are easily followed. For SEO? dunno.

I'm not sure why you are going to mysite.com/zebra.aspx?animal=zebra though. Wouldn't going to mysite.com/zebra mean animal/zebra? I'm just wondering if you couldn't have you aspx page determine the animal name and do the "magic" itself.

Probably not much help, am I? smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!