• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Submitting to 1000 Directories in One Day

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#16 insom

insom

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:45 AM

Submitting to 1000 directories isn't going to do much harm, if that was the case, I could easily knock of my competition with a submission burst.

#17 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE(aalame @ Mar 29 2009, 06:40 PM) View Post
should i be concerned if i submit my site manually to 1000 directories in 1 week ?

Let's say you have the list of 1000 directories (really?) right there in front of you, ready to go, so you aren't wasting your time researching whether they are relevant or worth anything, you are ready to go.

It takes at least 5 minutes to pull up a site, find an appropriate category, fill out their request form, and submit it manually. 5 minutes per 1000 sites.... 5000 minutes or 83 1/3 hours.

So, you plan to spend 83 hours of your life submitting to 1000 sites that probably aren't even indexed in Google. Is Google going to penalize you? Nah, they don't even know those 1000 sites exist (or have long since removed them from the index.) Seriously- take a moment and actually look at a few of your 1000 sites- the actual pages your link would appear on. Are they indexed?

Will it hurt you? I think it will. You are expecting this to help you rank for something... and it won't do anything. Spend that time writing good content, finding real link partners and other tasks that actually will help to market your site.

#18 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(insom @ Apr 21 2010, 02:45 AM) View Post
Submitting to 1000 directories isn't going to do much harm, if that was the case, I could easily knock of my competition with a submission burst.

--------------------
Worlds Biggest Free Directory List

hysterical.gif

#19 SpunkyJones

SpunkyJones

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE(aalame @ Mar 29 2009, 05:40 PM) View Post
should i be concerned if i submit my site manually to 1000 directories in 1 week ?
how many directories can i add at one time without being penalized ?

is there a clear or agreed upon number of links to add so that it's more natural.
i am submitting my site to directories for inclusion and of course the categories will be the ones most relevant to my site but i am afraid if i submit to too many at one time like 1000 directories in 1 week i will get penalized.

please help wacko.gif

Submitting to 1,000 directories in one week isn't good to do. The biggest problem is, you'll flag the search engines because of the amount of backlinks you are getting. If you use the same title and description for the 1,000 submissions, it will look unnatural to the search engines. You have to submit and use different titles and descriptions to make it look natural. However, 1,000 submissions in one week, spells trouble. Depending on the age of your site, determines the amount of submissions you should make weekly. The older the site is, the more you can submit because you have some credibility with the search engines. If your site is new, I would suggest 10 to 15 submissions per week. I would also use 6 different title and descriptions variations as well.

One thing to remember is quality backlinks is what is most important and they should be related to your site's niche. It doesn't take thousands of links to obtain a PageRank 5 or 6. You can achieve that with 50 to 150 quality backlinks. If you chase after quantity, you'll be wasting your time. Go for quality backlinks and spend the extra time writing quality articles that are unique. Shoot for articles that are 90% unique or higher and practice some good basic SEO. Good titles and descriptions will get you the best millage.

#20 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:23 AM

Oh Please!!!

How exactly do you think that Google will KNOW you submitted to 1000 directories in one day?????

AND

Edited by chrishirst, 17 August 2010 - 05:33 AM.

#21 inspiroHost

inspiroHost

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:43 AM

Even if you submit to 1000 directories a day, your submissions will be staggered because (1) your site will have to be approved manually and that won't happen all at the same time and (2) google won't find all those backlinks at the same time because they're probably buried deep in a directory that probably isn't heavily indexed.

#22 sri

sri

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE(star1 @ Jul 22 2009, 03:34 PM) View Post
If you spent that time sourcing and gaining 5 high quality links that are in line with your website theme that would probably be less timeconsuming and certainly be more beneficial!

totally agree with you... whats the point of wasting your time for something which is not going to help you?

#23 carlosmarruffo

carlosmarruffo

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:03 PM

I have a list of 2,000 web directories, and I have had the opportunity to submit all of them for many different URLs in the past. Around 2005 I used to get rankings for easy keywords only by submitting a site to these list, however I can't tell how many of these links actually affected the rankings, and how many didn't.

By 2008 I got one website de-index because of doing this on new sites, also the results were less and less noticeable every time. Today, I would recommend you to submit to a small list of high quality directories only, you must check that AT LEAST the exact page were your link will be placed is indexed, has a recent cache date and you can consider lucky if it has any PR nowadays. Once you have done this, some links from article directories and some links from other websites that rank high for your keywords would be a very powerful mix.

#24 JPeters

JPeters

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(cbp @ Jun 8 2009, 12:14 AM) View Post
It can hurt - The time you wasted submitting to the 1000 directories could have been spent on doing something that did actually help

I don't agree. I have a hard time getting backlinks from sites with "relevant" content. Directories actually provide some relevant content. I wouldn't spend a TON of time on it, but it should be part of your SEO strategy.

Most of them take weeks / months to post to the directories. Don't worry about doing it all at once or not since most won't be immediate links anyway. Pick one day per month to be "directory" day and have at it!

#25 BackLinksVault

BackLinksVault

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Mar 29 2009, 06:30 PM) View Post
I would be surprised if the search engines penalized for how many submissions you made to directories at one time. How would they even know?

They're really not just out there penalizing sites for the heck of it. Really!

Yeah, sometimes you have to take a step back and realize they aren't watching every single move - just the big ones smile.gif . I did a test and submitted to half of the free directories on [removed] consecutively (as fast as possible, sleep, etc) and roughly 220 are now indexed (2 months later). They definitely help, but would recommend other techniques if you have a budget; if you have more time than money you need to do it smile.gif. All the best

Matt

#26 seonewb0

seonewb0

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:33 AM

Are we not able to see which site he used?

#27 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,006 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE(seonewb0 @ Mar 13 2011, 12:33 AM) View Post
Are we not able to see which site he used?

That is correct.

#28 Koozai

Koozai

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:01 AM

You also need to consider if these 1,000 directories are stored on similar IP locations. If a lot of sites on the same IP all start linking to you that is more likely to lead to a penality than 1,000 seperately hosted sites.

I'd echo the other posters too who have stressed quality over quantity.

#29 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:47 AM

You also need to consider if these 1,000 directories are stored on similar IP locations.
No you don't.

#30 CredoInvictus

CredoInvictus

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE(wendell @ May 2 2009, 07:30 AM) View Post
... After we initially submitted to directories, there were literally no changes. The articles being picked up made the difference in my opinion...

That is really valuable information, and the volume of submissions you did make it statistically significant. You have certainly helped me plan my next project. Thanks very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!