• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Conversion Optimizer...anyone Tried It...what Is Your Experience?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

Been thinking about testing Google's Conversion Optimizer out. Had descent luck with their web optimizer for our landing pages and saw a recent article in search engine watch about conversion optimizer http://searchenginewatch.com/3632476

Any one had any experience with it? How is it working for your ppc campaigns? Thanks in advance.

#2 Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

I haven't tried it out yet DJKay. Mainly because the little stuff I do with Adwords means I'd have to combine some ad groups together to be in the same campaign to make darned sure they reached the 50 conversions per month minimum. Old dogs, new tricks. I like keeping campaigns that they'd consider to be the same in separate ad groups, what can I tell ya. giggle.gif

It is something I have on my radar to play with. Even though as a general rule I don't like giving up control when it comes to spending my money. That said, I have scanned through the help files and read a handful of posts where people have been having some pretty good success with it. And I do very much like the idea that it moves more towards a Cost per Acquisition model than a strictly Cost Per Click model.

What I especially like about what I've read and from talking to the one person I know personally who is using it is this method apparently makes management of Content Network stuff soooooo much easier. Historically I've either had to set aside one day per week that I don't have to spare to wade through Content Network hits to figure out which are worth it and which to exclude, or simply had to choose not utilize the Content Network at all because I don't have that time to spare. With the Conversion Optimizer you can apparently of set it and forget it to a large extent. In other words, you let the automation handle where your ad shows up. And it seems to handle this just fine, keeping your ad from showing up on networks that send crap traffic and thus keep your CPA at a healthy level.

So yes I do plan to test it. Though probably not with any of my existing sites at this point. There's a new one coming online soon that should be a good test subject since the customer lifetime value is going to be high enough to allow more flexibility. Of course the downside of that being that since it's new I'll have to spend some CPC money to get things up to the 50 conversion level. Oooh, check that. I just read the Requirements again and they've changed them since the last time I looked a couple of months ago. Now it's only 30 conversions per month. 1 per day is much more reasonable. Looks like I'll be able to get on with that testing sooner than I thought! I should only take a month of CPC to be able to enable the Conversion Optimizer.

More as I know it of course. Gimme a few months though. This new site won't launch for a bit yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!