• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Help...what Is Up With Feedburner? Can't Get In &

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

DJKay here,

Hope you all are well. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I cannot get into our feedburner account. Its says to report it to Google, but when I click the link, it asks for adsense information which we do not have. We do not have an adsense account. We do not have adsense on our blogs...Anyone else heard about this, anyone else know where I could go to get some support. It really stinks...feedburner was a descent service...anyone have any suggestions?

DJKay

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

Is it possible you have spyware installed on your computer?

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,579 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

Feedburner was acquired awhile back by Google. Over the past several months they've been migrating from the old feedburner.com domain to a Google domain: feedburner.google.com. As I understand it, you don't need an AdSense account to access Feedburner, but you do need a Google account login. If you do have an AdSense account associated with the same Google account login, you can do some additional stuff to easily monetize your feeds now by including AdSense ads.

Once you migrate, all the same features and functionality that was on the "old" Feedburner.com is there on the "new" feedburner.google.com, so you don't lose anything by switching over. The only slightly "big deal" thing was that when I migrated my accounts I had to change all the CNAME records for those accounts where I was using the MyBrand service. Otherwise it was pretty seamless.

From what I can tell, they're possibly in the process of rebranding Feedburner as "AdSense for Feeds" -- at least, that's what they're calling their Feedburner informational blog. This may be part of the confusion.

If you're still trying to log in to the old feedburner.com address and/or you never migrated your feeds over to the new feedburner.google.com site, you may need to contact Google for assistance. From what I understand, February 28 was the last day to be able to log in to Feedburner itself and manage your feeds. Your feeds will still work (unless you're using MyBrand; see below) but until you migrate the account to a Google login, you won't be able to see your stats. (More info on the migration)

If you were using MyBrand for your feeds, yesterday (March 16) was the last day to update your CNAME records or your feeds would stop working (more info here).

HTH! thumbup1.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#4 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:04 PM

Hi Torka,

Thanks, I have a google login, and did log into feedburner.google.com, but my feeds need to be migrated over and I am not sure how to do it because I cannot get into feedburner....The problem is that the help link they give you to email them at requires you to have an adsense account...which we do not....

#5 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

I've never tried this myself, but you may want to swing by the Google Group for Feedburner. If they've missed something in the transition it may take someone from Google to go in and make a manual change to get your old feedburner account correctly associated with your new Google Feedburner.

Or alternatively can you simply set up a new account that's tied to your non-Adsense Google Account? It doesn't sound like the old one should be in place anymore anyway at some point in time.

#6 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:26 PM

Hi Randy,

I read on their help forum and their write up a few times now about the transition that the feeds in feedburner are not going away, they are not shutting them off. When I check my feedburner feeds, they are running fine. In order to get help, they have set it up in such a way that you have to have an adsense account, which I do not, so its pretty frustrating. Unless the accounts are moved over, it seems to me I would loose all my readers and my stats if I just went ahead and started from scratch...

Really don't know what to try next.

#7 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,579 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

Why not just sign up for Adsense? You don't actually have to use it, just set it up so you can get done what you need to get done with Feedburner. dntknw.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#8 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:43 PM

Hi,

I wanted to report back. They finally fixed it. Seems like I was one of the 1600 that had an error when migrating the feeds. But now there is another error with no titles showing up.

Warning!! Personal Rant here...its my opinion...this whole google feedburner transition is terrible. It took weeks to get this worked out. I literally posted to the google feedburner help group every day. I submitted the problem to adsense twice a week to start, then for the last week, every day. Unbelievable!!

Finally, I was pushed to my limit and started ranting about it on tweeter....guess what happened...no less than a couple few days since I started tweeting about it, my support case was magically picked and they started working on it. After they initially picked it up and started working on it, it grew cold and I did not hear anything, so I started complaining on tweeter again, and then today, someone finally migrated the feeds for me.

I have no idea if they saw the tweets or not and I have no way of knowing if someone on the google feedburner team is monitoring them, but its funny to me that I magically got help after I started tweeting about it.

It bothers me that I felt like I was pushed to go that far. I know I should not feel bad about it, yes, I was raised old school, if you can't say anything nice....don't say anything at all...and it just feels unnatural to me...

Have to go...DJKay

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

It's certainly one of the things that Twitter is great for. Just the threat of going public on Twitter can have great results.

I recently hadn't been paid by a company I am an affiliate for. They owed me over $1000 and when I emailed about it, they said they only owed me $500 or so, and that they'd pay me $50 a month for 10 months.

This simply enraged me as I had not been paid by them in months and months already. So I told them this was definitely not acceptable and that I certainly hoped I didn't have to go public about all this.

Almost immediately, they were much more willing to pay me ASAP and were going to figure out the exact amount they really owed me. Got a check just a few days later. smile.gif

#10 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:58 PM

Well, I am glad you were paid. Because I have owned marketing services firms in the past, I always bend over backwards to make sure vendors are paid..I know it really would anger me when they did not pay me...

It just seems terrible to have to escalate to this level so people will just do the right thing, I know, I am old fashioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!