• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Syndicated Articles With Old Web Address - How To Update.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rolf

rolf

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:07 AM

I have a client who asked me to syndicate some articles for them a couple of years back and it was all good, they got some traffic and such, so we were all happy with it.

last year they moved to a more professional sounding web address, but there seems to be no way to edit the articles with the new URL and no way to contact the article syndication sites to ask them to update the articles. Unfortunately they lost control of the old domain, so there is also no way to redirect the traffic to the new site.

Seems like the only option is to re-publish the articles with the new info, but that wont remove the versions with the old URL which could still get syndicated.

Any suggestions?

#2 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:40 AM

Many article distribution sites offer control panels (free accounts) that let you make edits to the articles you've submitted. For those that don't, you're kinda stuck. sad.gif

If you've lost control of the old URL, republishing would be your best bet, I think. If you have any dates in any of the articles (a copyright notice, dates of events you mentioned, etc.) be sure to update those before you send.

Going forward, you may want to stick with sites that offer free accounts so you can make changes in the future. IdeaMarketers.com, GoArticles.com and dozens of others can be found with a simple search.

The good news is... by resubmitting, you're most likely going to drum up a fresh batch of visitors if the information in the articles is still relevant smile.gif

#3 rolf

rolf

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:59 AM

Thanks for the reply, I'll check out some of the other article sites around.

The ones I submitted to do have free accounts, but they don't seem to incorporate editing functions - once it's submitted it's submitted :-(

That seems a bit short sighted to me, but during the course of doing the submissions I came to the conclusion that a lot of article syndication sites are from the same template, are very spammy and have their own agenda other than syndicating content. I haven't quite worked out what the agenda is, but I'm sure it's something like adsense, or sending traffic to their other commercial sites or some other such nonsense.

Anyway, thanks for the help, I'll try to be a little more discerning about the sites I submit to this time :-)

#4 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:23 AM

Unfortunately, a great portion of them don't keep their sites updated. They allow anybody and everybody to submit articles without any controls at all. This - of course - results in a very spammy site filled with a bunch of junk articles.

IdeaMarketers is good. GoArticles, EzineArticles. There's a bunch of good ones you can use that give you full control.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!