• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Review My Site Please

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 ogormask

ogormask

Shane O'Gorman

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

Bingo!

JCE is an html editor for editing articles within joomla. Its really popular. I wonder if it installed funny or something like that. Either way its gone. Thanks

#17 ogormask

ogormask

Shane O'Gorman

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:10 PM

Well now that I have that fixed and thank you so much, I was wondering if anyone has any other criticism? I really appreciate everything so far.

#18 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:42 AM

No probs glad I could help smile.gif

#19 ogormask

ogormask

Shane O'Gorman

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:01 AM

Ok its back. I tested it the other day and it totally stopped doing that and now its back and the same error message.

#20 ogormask

ogormask

Shane O'Gorman

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:44 AM

Well what happened is that even though I uninstalled certain apps there was a trace left that apparently was still calling functions or whatever you want to call it. I went in and just deleted the JCE utilities competely but apparently that wasnt it at all. Then I looked up and down trying to find anything else that was using JS and the only 2 left were mootools and the other one you mentioned. I just cut out the mootools for now and saved the file in case it does something crazy to my site. I know thats a popular script but I dont know if its from something old that was on there and just left over or if its used by something currently. I tried looking but cant seem to find it. When I did take it out my site fixed that one issue and it seems stable now.

#21 ogormask

ogormask

Shane O'Gorman

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:57 AM

Well it appears that mootools.js uses my administrative backend so without that there I cant even change my site. But when its there it has a JS error. Just my luck. Something must conflict with it but what?

#22 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,876 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

You may want to try some joomla support forums.

#23 ogormask

ogormask

Shane O'Gorman

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

Yeah. I wondered if there were any other suggestions for my site though. I guess I never really heard much lol.

#24 ogormask

ogormask

Shane O'Gorman

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

I changed a few more things on the home page. I wonder if anyone could see what they think about my new look for the boxes that lead to the inner pages. I like the look but I wonder what others think.

#25 harpsound

harpsound

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:31 AM

You can see the wheels turning everywhere as the homepage slowly loads.
This is definitely a gizmo site.
More simple text and less stuff running in the background would be good.

Try not to be all things - rather be more focussed on what is truly important.

#26 Mr Biggles

Mr Biggles

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:53 AM

If the sites primary purpose is for learning then its a great start.

If its primary purpose is to create income, I would scrap it and pay someone to do it for you.
Although do it in such a way as to keep those 5000 links (a number I would love to achieve one day)

We use Joomla all the time, its quite good. Looking at the web site as it is, what you need to learn to get it to an commercial standard would take a year or two of trial and error, you would be better of selling a few properties that would pay for it to be done by someone that does it for a living.

I renovated a house a few years ago and did everything myself, the biggest lesson I learnt is that sometimes its best not to do everything yourself.

As Stephen said above, I would remove as many of those add on that you possibly can.

While the design itself could use some improvement, I like what you have written further down and the youtube video makes the site feel more personal, there are some pretty good points to your site, now that I have had a bit more of a look, maybe the non corporate way its set out might not be such a bad thing.

Edited by Mr Biggles, 24 March 2009 - 08:05 AM.

#27 icecape67

icecape67

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

i dont really like the design im afraid. It looks quite messy and lacks a consistent feel it think. all the gadget arent helping either. Maybe less gadgets and more listings and pics of the houses would work better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!