• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

The Evolving State Of Social Media & Seo

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,581 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:19 PM

I manage to get by most of the time on Twitter using plain English. (Or American, to be more precise... without all those extra letters you Brits insist on adding to words like color and flavor...) hmm.gif

I do use zi.ma to shorten long URLs in Twitter posts. But I've used URL shortening for ages in email and IM, too, for the reasons outlined by gsimerlink.

And it isn't so much any alleged charm of Twitter (as fun as it may be), as it is the measurable web traffic from Twitter I see pretty much every day I post a tweet on our company account, that keeps me interested in the service. mf_type.gif

But, as you say, horses for courses. smile.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#17 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

As I'm sure Di aware but others may not be, there was an interesting piece in Robert Clough's newsletter this week making exactly the point that Social Media is getting bigger and bigger for commercial interests. Apparently a lot bigger for B2B that I'd realized.

For those who don't get it, Sage's vlog is available here and the report he makes reference from the Forrester/Groundswell folks is here.

It's talking about all social media, not just stuff like Twitter. But still a 91% penetration number is huge!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!