• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Putting A Video On My Site

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#46 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

There are so many possible variables it's pretty much impossible to give you a stock answer that's going to apply across the board Marchy. Most of this started within the last year (late June, early July 2008) and even then it was mainly Adobe's Flash format that brought this new capability in first.

The original Google announcement of how they're able to better index flash files is here. Adobe's announcement of the same, which includes that they've shared the info with Yahoo too, is here. Obviously they've expanded on these beginnings in the last several months by exposing the ability to link to specific areas of these files.

The main point of the early documents was that it was that if you had pure video in your videos their searchability would improve if you included some text in the video presentations. This limitation is starting to be overcome with the ability to link transcript (read Text) to specific parts of video where no text is actually present in the video.

As quickly as things have moved forward in less than a year, and since many major players are on board with the project, I would expect to see a lot more improvement in the coming months.

offtopic.gif Can ya tell I spend waaaaaaaay too much time reading about techie stuff and doing a bit of dabbling? lol.gif My latest bleeding edge endeavor is Adobe Air, where you can build applications that live on the desktop but can also have web connection capabilities. However I can't get fully into that one yet because I'm waiting for a software kit update so that it'll work with my XP 64 bit system since I'm too lazy to hand code it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!