• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Ccbill/clickbank Bring Value Down?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 doogie88

doogie88

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:54 AM

I know in internet marketing, third party merchant accounts are popular and you can get away with it, but what about other sites, like say a anti virus software site, or something like that?
Personally, it does effect me a bit, if I see a site, that looks professional, and looks like a larger company, but then you see CCBILL/Clickbank, and I get the opinion it's probably a sole owner.
I guess I just see a site with a merchant account as more professional and reliable.

Am I the only that feels this way?
I mean I do use CCBILL for some smaller sites, but I'm trying to make a little bigger site and wondering what people will think if they see a third party merchant?

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:27 AM

There are advantages and disadvantages to both approaches doogie. Mainly in how much control you have over the sales process. And a third possibility you left out of the equation, one where you use a hosted shopping cart (eg Mals hosted cart solution, 1shoppingcart, etc) where you have your own merchant account but buyers get shipped somewhere else for the cart process.

I've not done a full blown test to see if one converts better. I suspect it probably depends upon what people are used to, and just how much control you have over the shopping cart pages. For instance, a few things I have tested has to do with the info available on the shopping cart checkout pages. For instance, a plain jane page with a form to collect all necessary information vs a checkout page that has the ability to show a thumbnail image of the product(s) being ordered vs checkout pages where you can integrate testimonials, trust building graphics and text and so on right into the order form.

The bottom line is the more control you have over the entire process the more things you can test and tweak. And on the other side of the spectrum it's easier to set up 3rd party carts that handle all of the merchant account stuff, but there's usually less flexibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!