• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Craiglist Went No Follow :(

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 wonder371

wonder371

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

wow... i hit a sensitive topic. I don't post service ads in the for sale section. I post service ads in the Real Estate Services section.

I use craigslist for its ability to act as a great (incredible great) free classified service. Although it was an added bonus to get a little link building love from each of the ads I placed. No ads were repetitive, spam like, or garbage [to simply get a link] all served the main purpose to get quality leads from people that may be browsing a specific section of craigslist for a specific result that I may be able to provide.

The additional link was nice.

I was looking for someone to say something like, " I use zillow, it provides great traffic to my site and I also noticed it gives you the added bonus of a do-follow link". That is all. Sorry for those I may or may not have offended. I am not a spammer, it is my intent that anything I put on the internet is to provide a use to someone.

So with that being said, the most you can get from this thread, is for those of you who noticed that craigslist was do follow... it now is not. Yes... craiglist still does have spammers. I never was one, nor will I ever be one.

I put a link at the end of my ad like people put a website address at the end of their fliers, imo that is fair game. If you like what you saw on the ad, learn more about the property or myself by visiting my webpage.

#17 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

There are literally thousands of places you can gain exposure for real estate properties online. There are even some places where you can get some huge exposure for very, very little money. For instance, did you know you can place classified ads for many types of real estate offerings on eBay for as little as 10 bucks per month? And give people specific contact information to get in touch with you right on the eBay page?

These classifieds come up in a normal eBay search, along with the auction listings. And shows up in the search engine searches because of the latent authority of eBay itself. The only difference being that a classified listing simply doesn't cost nearly as much as an auction listing would. wink1.gif

Betcha 99% of real estate and service marketers out there trying to make a buck don't even realize eBay has a classifieds section. Let alone that it's so darned cheap!

#18 Nueromancer

Nueromancer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Mar 2 2009, 07:29 PM) View Post
Very, very smart of them. Surprised it took so long. Hopefully it will help keep out the junk stuff of people just posting for links instead of for what posting is intended for.

Hooker Adverts :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!