• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

'link Analysis' And 'structural Analysis'

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 karunnt

karunnt

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

What are these terms referring to?

I have searched and cannot find a definite answer to this question even though a lot of SEO companies are promoting this as a part of their service.

Thanks.

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

Link Analysis usually refers to links coming from external sites. Though it could also refer to internal linking structure.

Structural analysis is more about how your site itself is structured. Which pages link to which pages for the most part. Though I've seen some use the term to refer to the layout of your pages and site also.

#3 karunnt

karunnt

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:31 AM

I have seen some very very high ranking sites use 'nofollow' attributes in their menus. These were sites owned by gurus in SEO.

So from the home page all the links to the inner pages which have their products are all 'nofollow'

Doesn't this tell the search engines not to spider these pages?

I suspect they are trying to control how the spider reaches their inner pages but why not link them from the home page which is first page the spider hits? Why try and link them from an inner page?

#4 MaryKrysia

MaryKrysia

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(karunnt @ Mar 1 2009, 10:31 AM) View Post
I suspect they are trying to control how the spider reaches their inner pages but why not link them from the home page which is first page the spider hits? Why try and link them from an inner page?

The "no follow" attribute does not keep the search engine spiders from following the link, but it is intended to keep from passing "link love" to pages not considered as important as other pages on the Web site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!