• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Sites To Promote Your Products

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CDNSHOPGUY

CDNSHOPGUY

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

Does anyone recommend any free sites other than google base where you can submit an xml feed for free to promote your products. Yahoo shopping no longer exists and msns live shopping is not taking any new businesses ATM.

I don't want to promote any sites on here but i've found a few but they haven't made much impact on my site traffic. Google Base has been great.

#2 HimSelf

HimSelf

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:50 AM

Hello,

if your selling your products,
why don't you want to paid some fees for targeted trafic inputs ?

you should have a look to price comparison plateform as kelkoo, shopping.com, and cie.

#3 CDNSHOPGUY

CDNSHOPGUY

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(HimSelf @ Feb 28 2009, 08:50 AM) View Post
Hello,

if your selling your products,
why don't you want to paid some fees for targeted trafic inputs ?

you should have a look to price comparison plateform as kelkoo, shopping.com, and cie.

I've read that those have poor conversion rates. If your going to spend money then use it on adwords. The keyword is FREE. I've found sites like dealio, kaboodle and kijiji to add my products to. But do any other FREE ones take feeds ? Or any FREE ones worth using other than the ones mentioned ?

#4 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:16 AM

You really, really, really don't want to base your entire business model on the idea of receiving free traffic. In fact, if you're smart you don't want even have of your traffic to come of free sources. Advertising should be part of your business model. Seriously. Because you have a lot more control over Paid Advertising than you do something you get for free.

I've read that those have poor conversion rates.

Never, ever, ever believe totally believe you hear. Test it for yourself! Each site is different, each customer is different and each offer is different. Wouldn't it be a shame if you wrote something off, only to find out 10 year down the road the people who told you it didn't work weren't using it effectively because they didn't know how to target their audience correctly, and the decision ended up costing you several hundreds of thousands of dollars in missed sales?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!