• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Keyword Choices Dilemma Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Leo Hanes

Leo Hanes

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:26 AM

Is there a method of "driving" targeted traffic to a squeeze or landing page that is most preferred by the group in addition to SEO?

A) Use for example keyword phrase: profits online, has demand of 8100, and search results are 15,200,000

The dilemma I seem to often run into is: I can get pages ranked for a long tail term fairly easily, but if the demand is too low,,,there is little traffic ( i.e google - creating profits online) .

How can one then get traffic to such a site?

Thanks, my old brain seems stuck on this topic ....

#2 Yoshimi

Yoshimi

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:43 AM

You could always use some sort of
Foolproof Traffic Promotion Campaign Every 7 Days
to drive traffic to your site in this scenario wink1.gif

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,989 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

You just have to do SEO. SEO isn't optimizing for the long-tail, it's optimizing for the keyword phrases that bring a lot of traffic.

Start with the Tips for Newbies and see if there's some info in there that you don't know yet.

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(Leo Hanes @ Feb 24 2009, 09:26 AM) View Post
I can get pages ranked for a long tail term fairly easily, but if the demand is too low,,,there is little traffic

But low-volume traffic is exactly what "long tail" means! Some long tail terms may only get searched once or twice a year. That's why they're so easy to optimize for -- not many people are competing for terms that get that low a volume of search.

If you want high search demand for any given term, the long tail is not where you want to be. You'll have to target terms that get a higher volume of search to start with (which means, by definition, they will not be "long tail" terms). Of course, those terms also have more competition, and are thus harder to rank for. But anything worth having is worth working for, so I'm told. smile.gif

If you want the easy optimization of the long tail and you also want good overall site traffic, you have to create and optimize a LOT of pages for a LOT of long tail terms, so the total number of searches you get across ALL those long tail terms becomes something worthwhile. But you have to understand that by the nature of the beast, no individual "long tail" optimized page is going to get much traffic all by its lonesome. It's only in the aggregate that long tail traffic amounts to much of anything.

--Torka mf_prop.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!