• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

"google Undoubted Status" - Seo Nonsense?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sanderling

sanderling

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:56 PM

An supposed seo company is trying to sell what I believe to be a a scam to my client - trying to sell a link by saying this;

"Our web master has set up a site that has a Google undoubted status (its content is considered undoubted) this means that our site and those linked to it are favorable to Google and subsequently hit by Google bots (the robots that go out and spider the internet) several thousand times a day and subsequently the sites linked to us will be spidered more frequently.

Being spidered more frequently will as I am sure your web designer will agree will result in your status on Google going up. If you like you are piggy backing on our status.

The hard work for us is maintaining the undoubted status of our site and making sure the right content is on your website to get the terms you want. "

Undoubted status conferred by Google? Mmmm ever heard of this for real or as a scam?

Can I tell my client to forget it?

#2 BBCoach

BBCoach

HR 5

• 402 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . . It's a scam. The amount of crawls the spiders do is near irrelevant to ranking. That just helps get your content indexed, but other factors determine ranking.

#3 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

hysterical.gif Gotta love the inventiveness of it though. Even if it is a load of

#4 Yoshimi

Yoshimi

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:24 AM

If it were true I can't see Google calling it "undoubted" it's not even semantically correct, it almost makes me wonder if the company are in an english speaking country?

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:20 AM

Amazing what they come up with!

#6 zephyr

zephyr

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

This thread is now ranked 1 of 258,000 for "undoubted status" lol.gif

#7 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:28 AM

utoh giggle.gif

You know, that's always the problem with inventing a buzzword term to describe something that's a scam. The first time someone asks about it, using the term given them, and does so at a well-respected place, the jig is up.

Now and in the future when this crazy SEO tries to dupe someone and that someone conducts a simple search, they're probably going to find this thread.

#8 Nueromancer

Nueromancer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(Yoshimi @ Feb 24 2009, 08:24 AM) View Post
If it were true I can't see Google calling it "undoubted" it's not even semantically correct, it almost makes me wonder if the company are in an english speaking country?

Just tell him he is being "economical with the actualite"

#9 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,618 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(Randy @ Feb 25 2009, 07:28 AM) View Post
Now and in the future when this crazy SEO tries to dupe someone and that someone conducts a simple search, they're probably going to find this thread.

Undoubtedly. giggle.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!