• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Class=

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 madams

madams

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

Hi

I have a page im workng on here...

I will implement this into one of my pages later.

My question...

The body tag is <body class="tundra">

as I want to enter the code into an established page, where do I put the class="tundra"

Is it ok to leave it in the <body> tag, of the established page, or do I have to move it somewhere else for the code to work.

If you have the time to look at the sorce code and help me on this:))

Thanks

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

You can leave the class in the <body> tag if it suits you. As long as you want it applied to the entire web page.

I tend to take a more modular approach. Meaning I try to leave the <body> tag alone if at all possible. Instead of using a class I'll simply apply the global css to the body container right in the css file. It looks like you're accessing a css file on another domain though, so that's not going to give you the ability to edit it. You might also want to re-think that concept, since if the other server ever goes down or someone deletes or changes the css files (and the .js file too for that matter) it's really gonna mess up the page design and functionality. I'm not sure if there's a reason you're accessing those files remotely. If there is, okay. It's just not the way I'd do it, being a control freak.

If you decide you don't want to have the class be in the body tag itself another way I do that is to leave the <body> clean and simply insert a <div class="tundra"> right below it. Just make sure to put a closing </div> tag right before your ending </body> tag if you do it this way.

Lots of choices. There's not really a right or wrong way. Just what will work best for you with whichever situation you're dealing with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!