• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Lost My Website Pagerank?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 flsprojects

flsprojects

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:36 AM

Lost my website Page rank? how to get my page rank back?

#2 Yoshimi

Yoshimi

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:13 AM

You may want to read this post about page rank, and why it's not really important.

Have you lost search engine positions too?

#3 flsprojects

flsprojects

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:09 AM

No. I have good positions in search engines

page rank is not affects Search engine rankings.

I know that but our management asking for Page rank

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,584 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:01 AM

Why? What do they think the PageRank number from the toolbar measures or indicates? Where did they even hear about PageRank, much less get the idea that it's a useful or important thing to track?

Sounds to me like a management training session may be in order. Sometimes, even as "mere" employees, we have to find a way to educate management on which metrics are appropriate and useful, and which are a waste of time. We do a disservice to our employers if we allow them to continue to focus on metrics that have no bearing on the success of the business.

It might be helpful to summarize for them the reasons why Toolbar PR is a bogus number, and show them traffic and conversion stats along with an explanation of why these are more accurate measures of the performance of the website.

Barring that, try waiting a few days. The Google toolbar is prone to glitches. It may be that your drop in apparent PR is simply another of these glitches. The number may come back up. If you can show that while the number was down, your traffic and conversions were unchanged, this may be one of those learning opportunities for management. Otherwise, at least the number will have gone back up and you can relax.

If the number doesn't go back up after a few days, it may be that there was an actual Toolbar PR update. (I don't track these things, so I couldn't tell you for sure.) As you probably already know, of course, Toolbar PR is only a rough approximation that only gets updated every few months. So if the drop is due to an update of the toolbar, no matter what you do, it isn't going to come back up for several months. Period. No matter what you do now. This is not to say you can't do anything; just don't expect what you do to show up in the Toolbar PR number for some time.

PR (real PR, what is allegedly the starting point for the outdated estimate that shows up on the toolbar) is based on links. Nothing but links. To bring it up, you need more powerful links. Either a whole ton of lower-value links, or a smaller number of more-powerful links. Preferably non-paid links, because if they're paid-for, it's likely Google will eventually detect that and discount those links, which will cause your Toolbar PR eventually to drop and you'll be right back where you were to start with.

And you need patience, because even if you get all those links tomorrow, it will likely take several months for the effect to show up in the next toolbar update.

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,910 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

I know that but our management asking for Page rank

Then you need to educate them as to why it's unimportant. Perhaps uninstalling their PR toolbars would be a good start. giggle.gif

#6 flsprojects

flsprojects

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:22 AM

Thanks............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,