• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

100's Of Back-links from a directory

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anne999

anne999

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

I recently purchased a featured listing in [a] Directory and have within a week received in the range of 600 back-links, it looks like to all categories in the directory. This is totally unexpected. Should I be concerned? I have no reciprocal link back to them.

Thanks,
Anne

nah.gif

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,573 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

It looks like their standard practice is to put a link to their four most recent entries at the bottom of every page, under the heading "latest featured sites." I looked at three different category pages, and the same four sites were listed at the bottom.

That means that this is just temporary (unless they never get four new listings), so your backlink count from that domain should drop down to a normal number pretty soon. I wouldn't worry about it, but I wonder why they think this is a valuable service. It may get you some direct traffic while it's up, but if they're doing it for link popularity, I really doubt it's of much use.

#3 anne999

anne999

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 17 2009, 07:05 PM) View Post
It looks like their standard practice is to put a link to their four most recent entries at the bottom of every page, under the heading "latest featured sites." I looked at three different category pages, and the same four sites were listed at the bottom.

That means that this is just temporary (unless they never get four new listings), so your backlink count from that domain should drop down to a normal number pretty soon. I wouldn't worry about it, but I wonder why they think this is a valuable service. It may get you some direct traffic while it's up, but if they're doing it for link popularity, I really doubt it's of much use.

Ok thanks Bob.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!