• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Hyperlinks To Other Pages

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deldove

deldove

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:02 AM

hi

ive created a site with a banner at top complete with hotspot links to navigate to the other pages.
These links are repeated a little further down page but as simple text based hyperlinks vertically on left

Am i right in thinking that i should scrap that plan and replace these hotspot links on the banner with a single row of normal text hyperlinks to other pages positioned just below my banner?

OR

Could I leave my nice design as it is and for each page that has to be optimised, just add an opening paragraph below the banner that includes say a keyword as text hyperlink albeit to the same page its on?

I ask since i dont want to redesign my pretty banner unless in really need to!

cheers

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:18 PM

Depends on how your banner image map is created. It's simple to make the links on it search friendly if that's all you're looking to do. There have been search friendly image map code since the 90's.

#3 Ryan@SEOBackup

Ryan@SEOBackup

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

One thing is certain - nothing is better than standard text based links. That said, as you have already coded your hotspots up, changing it is not going to make or break your rankings. The fact that you have the text links further down the page should suffice.

Just make sure the rest of your site is optimised!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!