• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Unique Keywords - Do They Help?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pureskill13

pureskill13

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:22 AM

Does it help to use unique keywords so that your site is listed better on a Google search?

I have some very unique keywords for a website we are launching and I just want to know if people search using the keywords will our site list better on a Google search using that keyword?

Any help would be amazing!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:29 AM

Yes, if you have unique keywords that other sites/pages aren't targeting, then you have no competition and your page will be the one to show up.

That said, it's doubtful there will be many (if any) searches for those keywords, so don't expect much traffic.

#3 pureskill13

pureskill13

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Feb 5 2009, 02:29 PM) View Post
Yes, if you have unique keywords that other sites/pages aren't targeting, then you have no competition and your page will be the one to show up.

That said, it's doubtful there will be many (if any) searches for those keywords, so don't expect much traffic.

Hi Jill,

Thank you so much for your message. I understand what you are saying and have just been reading your article on keywords on talent zoo. If a keyword is only used on around 15,000 pages will it make it hard to rank well. I have just found a keyword which we want to use and the goods news is that it is searched over 4000 times a month and there are only 305 allintitle: pages.

Anyway thank you

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:53 PM

Sounds like a great keyword phrase then!

#5 pood

pood

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:11 AM

I would be wary of adword's popularity numbers, make sure you're using [keyword] when checking.

#6 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:58 AM

it is searched over 4000 times a month and there are only 305 allintitle: pages.
wow , if only all my desired KWD's only had 305 competing pages sad.gif

#7 stephen186

stephen186

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:12 AM

Unique keywords means keywords with less competition. and In SEO, these are the goldmines. You have got one, just leverage it.

#8 Om27

Om27

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE(pureskill13 @ Feb 5 2009, 09:52 AM) View Post
Hi Jill,

Thank you so much for your message. I understand what you are saying and have just been reading your article on keywords on talent zoo. If a keyword is only used on around 15,000 pages will it make it hard to rank well. I have just found a keyword which we want to use and the goods news is that it is searched over 4000 times a month and there are only 305 allintitle: pages.

Anyway thank you

Well, I haven't seen a key-phrase with such a high search density and low in competition. If you have found one, that is definitely what you need for a great SEO campaign. That will make you work less and gain benefits in relatively large volume.

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

Well, I haven't seen a key-phrase with such a high search density and low in competition.

There are tons of them.

#10 CompleteSEOInc

CompleteSEOInc

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

You need a mix of unqiue keywords and keywords your main competition uses. If you are patient and promote your site you will gain ranking on them. Remember SEO=Patience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!