• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Have You Ever Tried Orkut Or Facebook For Branding?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spaul

spaul

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:20 AM

Hey folks,

I just have made my profile on Orkut few weeks ago and I have seen many people are trying to promote their products on Orkut and Facebook.

Have you ever tried Orkut or Facebook social networking site to promote your product or website? How can we use Orkut for branding?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,983 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

Orkut is pretty much a spamfest, so I'd avoid that.

Facebook is okay, but not really very good for promoting products or services. You can purchase ads there that might help, or create a group for your products or services, but typically FB is best just for personal branding, IMO.

#3 ogormask

ogormask

Shane O'Gorman

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

I use facebook with pretty good results. I send links to my blog there from Twitter and thats nice. Its all in how you use these things if they are effective or not.

#4 Nueromancer

Nueromancer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jan 28 2009, 02:29 PM) View Post
Orkut is pretty much a spamfest, so I'd avoid that.

Facebook is okay, but not really very good for promoting products or services. You can purchase ads there that might help, or create a group for your products or services, but typically FB is best just for personal branding, IMO.

seems to have its uses in the Charitable area we have just started to work with a couple of charities/non profits and have just settup a facebook group for the smaller one a donkey sanctury the idea is to try and get vistors to the site to join the group the FB group can then be used to push apeals or specific events.

stil erlydays and the biger charity has hosted with 1&1 and fracked there rankings up which ime sorting out I wont mention which one :-)

#5 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,625 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:57 AM

If my client goes for it, I plan on setting up a facebook fan page in the next few weeks. We'll see how that goes.

#6 dhwanit

dhwanit

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:45 AM

Hi Guys,

So I think it's all about to join groups which are relevant to your product or services and follow the group users wisely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!