• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Site Review

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 petri

petri

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:23 AM

Once upon a time, more years ago than I remember, I joined High Rankings Forum with the purpose of getting a site review. But I'm glad now that I never submitted the request, but instead just followed the discussions, red old threads and learned a lot. I was thinking to submit my request later when my site was perfect, but that day never seems to arrive. I'm adding new content and changing things now and then, and I never seem to get close to that finished, perfect site. My purpose with this review request is to get some feed back if I'm on the right track. If you would be looking for this kind of service, how would you feel about this site? Would you get excited and wanted to contact me right away, is it boring, or something else? Do you feel like you can trust me?

http://www.slowlife.se

General
Is this site completed or under construction?

I'm constantly working on improving the copy, design and everything else, but yes, the site is completed in the way that all the pages work.

If completed:
How long has the site been up?

I think the first version went live around 2003.

SEO
Do you have incoming links?

Nothing much.

What keywords are you targeting?

Swedish Lapland, hiking in Lapland and related words and phrases.

Do you want your code reviewed for errors or improvements?

No. It's a mess but it seems to work, so I'm happy with it as it is for the moment.

Marketing
Who is your target audience?

Anyone with a good income/enough saved money who is looking for a holiday in Lapland and is prepared to pay for service and knowledge.

Why is your site different from sites selling/offering similar info/goods/services? Why will someone want to do business you?

One of the differences is me. My experiences and knowledge. Another one is that I offer packages for small groups (up to 4 people). I also believe that my site has much more information than other similar sites, not too heavy to download even I have a lot of photos, and clean from animations, advertisement e.t.c.

How important is usability?

Very important.

What is the purpose of the site? (inform, sell, online community, support B&M business, contact info only, etc)

To get customers.

Design
Do you want design suggestions?

Yes.

#2 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:00 AM

seems ok to me, ok don't like the colours much , personal opinion though on that score others tastes will vary!

The one real complaint I have is that awful search facility which takes you away from the site and off to dodgy link sites and god knows what.

ditch that search facility provider, it's draging your site down!

other than that, it's fast and easy to navigate.

Not bad!

#3 petri

petri

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE(1dmf @ Jan 28 2009, 02:00 PM) View Post
The one real complaint I have is that awful search facility which takes you away from the site and off to dodgy link sites and god knows what.

I have no reason to mistrust you with this, but when I googled for the company I found only positive reviews. You had bad experiences with this provider?

Can you suggest any other free search facility provider that you think are OK? Or maybe I should consider paying for the service?

#4 madams

madams

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:02 AM

You can enhance and change the search page with the software you are using petri.

You can upload a template page of your own design, in the admin section of the software, and change the look of the search-page results to look like your site.

Easy to do and in no time.

#5 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:13 AM

No I haven't used them or had a bad experience with them. First time I've come across them was with your site and wasn't impressed.

I clicked a suggested link and it took me to a spammy link farm type site. Nothing related to yor site at all which was what I was expecting from a site search.

Perhaps as madams suggests, if you can change some setting, behaviour and look , it might change my opinion! smile.gif

#6 petri

petri

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:15 AM

OK, found it. It never crossed my mind that it would be possible.

But, if the site is link farm or something else bad, I suppose it doesn't help to customize my pages?

#7 petri

petri

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE(1dmf @ Jan 28 2009, 04:13 PM) View Post
I clicked a suggested link and it took me to a spammy link farm type site. Nothing related to yor site at all which was what I was expecting from a site search.

I tried to click on one of the links provided and it took me to one of my pages. Maybe you clicked on advertisement on top of the results page?

#8 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:52 AM

well I typed in 'rain deer' , the first link it offered me I clicked and it took me to a nasty link farm page...
CODE
http://www.best5online.co.uk/search44.php?clickid=0B14B445%2D276E%2D4961%2DB46B%2DD7BD435A3BDE&keyword=rain+deer

I wouldn't want to associate my website with such a search facility which is putting those types of links on it , but that's just my personal opinion, if i want a site search, i'd write it myslef wink1.gif

#9 petri

petri

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(1dmf @ Jan 28 2009, 04:52 PM) View Post
well I typed in 'rain deer' , the first link it offered me I clicked and it took me to a nasty link farm page...
CODE
http://www.best5online.co.uk/search44.php?clickid=0B14B445%2D276E%2D4961%2DB46B%2DD7BD435A3BDE&keyword=rain+deer

This is what I get. The sponsored results at the top have similar addresses as you wrote.

[attachment=874:Bild_1.jpg]

#10 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:51 AM

Now i would question why it seems to show different results to you than it does me, I would definately leave it well alone.

But i can be right anal sometimes, others might think it's a great tool, so don't just listen me , god no , DONT!!!!!!

#11 petri

petri

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:14 PM

I'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt and changed the appearance to a custom template.

But it is strange that you get different results thinking.gif

#12 Shlomo

Shlomo

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:41 AM

I browsed through Petri's web-site.

In my opinion, it's an interesting site.
We get good information about Lapland,
views over the landscape.

#13 petri

petri

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE(Shlomo @ Feb 3 2009, 11:41 AM) View Post
In my opinion, it's an interesting site.
We get good information about Lapland,
views over the landscape.

Thank you.

If you would be looking for a trip, do you think my site has what it takes to get you interested and to trust your time and money with my company? And why do you think it does/doesn't?

Do you find easily everything you are looking for?

#14 madams

madams

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:26 AM

One small thing I noticed petri...

THE KINGS TRAIL
Price 3500 SEK

On the Kings Trail Page..
Price 35000 SEK

#15 petri

petri

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE(madams @ Feb 4 2009, 11:26 AM) View Post
THE KINGS TRAIL
Price 3500 SEK

On the Kings Trail Page..
Price 35000 SEK

3.500 per day. Ten day package is 35.000.
How can I make it more clear? I have all inclusive packages but I want to give the possibility to add or take away days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!