• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Firefox Showing Uk Results In U.s.?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pamela

Pamela

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:44 PM

this is kind of random but, i'm hoping someone here can help..

on my colleague's PC, using Firefox, anytime you search you get UK results in the search engines, whether it be in google, yahoo or msn, even though we are in the U.S. It seems to be that her Firefox is set to UK somehow because search results are U.S. in IE.

does anyone know why this is happening and/or how to fix it? we uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled, but that didn't seem to do anything.

I appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,
Pam

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:29 PM

hmm... strange!

I seem to recall reading a news story back in October (? I think) where Firefox was going to be building some sort of Location Detection at the user level. Going from memory here, but I think it was called something like Geode and I think it was first released as a plugin, but that they were talking about having this location thingee be the default setting during some version of Firefox 3.x. I'm 99% sure the story was on the BBC News site if you want to search for it.

Even if all of that is reasonably accurate I still don't have a clue how this could relate since you're not in the UK, obviously. Unless something in that Firefox location database has gotten mixed up, or if there's a way to override what it tries to set for itself and someone has done that without realizing it.

#3 Quinn

Quinn

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:33 AM

I have a simple and static answer for you that is , download latest version of Firefox, if then it will not solve then there could be server problem which you are using.

#4 Yoshimi

Yoshimi

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:28 AM

If memory serves Google has a default location setting for the google search bar in ff, if you are using the default ff/G home page this setting might be being transferred over. It's probably worth checking just to rule it out if nothing else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!