• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Leaving Implementation Of Seo Services Up To Client's Webmaster

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Therese Lane

Therese Lane

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:03 AM

Our web design company provides SEO services to website clients and "non website clients". We implement our services (title/meta tags, optimized content, etc) directly to the sites of website clients because we host and manage them. But, for "non website clients" we leave the implementation of the SEO services up to their webmaster because it's less complicated and there's not as much liability involved.

I'm looking for thoughts and feedback on this strategy, specifically on how we're handling "non website clients". Are other SEOs doing things differently? Is there something we should reconsider?

Your feedback / expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,956 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

Yes, imo it's fine. There's no reason for you to be getting into the back end of anyone's website. To me, that's much better left to the client and their IT team.

#3 Therese Lane

Therese Lane

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jan 27 2009, 11:55 AM) View Post
Yes, imo it's fine. There's no reason for you to be getting into the back end of anyone's website. To me, that's much better left to the client and their IT team.

Jill,

THANK YOU! That's exactly the insight I was looking for.

My apologies for the late reply!

Thanks a million!

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

For what it's worth, that's how my team handles clients who do their own Web site management. We provide them with explicit, detailed instructions on what we recommend and discuss anything they are unsure about with them. The client retains full control (and responsibility) over the Web site.

#5 Nueromancer

Nueromancer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jan 27 2009, 05:55 PM) View Post

Jill has far more trust than I do in geting third parties do do work in a timely and quality manner and theer are some issues that you can only see the problem and advise on solutions even if the best advice would be take the webiste out behind the barn shoot it and start again.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,956 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(Nueromancer @ Feb 24 2009, 07:23 AM) View Post
Jill has far more trust than I do in geting third parties do do work in a timely and quality manner...

I didn't say that they actually do that. smile.gif

But it is their responsibility, nonetheless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!