• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Please Suggest Me..

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 sureshaseo

sureshaseo

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:24 AM

I got listed in Google Page 1 for 3 keywords. All the keywords are highly competitive and having enough number of search volume but, I didnít get traffic to my site. please suggest me, whether my promotions was wrong?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:55 AM

You didn't do a good job with your keyword research. Find keyword phrases that people actually search for, and redo your optimization. Perhaps the keyword research tools you were using were simply inaccurate?

#3 sureshaseo

sureshaseo

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jan 11 2009, 10:55 AM) View Post
You didn't do a good job with your keyword research. Find keyword phrases that people actually search for, and redo your optimization. Perhaps the keyword research tools you were using were simply inaccurate?

Thnx jill...

now i have another question...

Do you think listing submissions will affect the keyword ranking in Search Engines?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by "listing submissions." Do you mean directory links? If so, I don't think they help very much, but might a little.

We have lots of other posts on that subject. Please do review the Tips for Newbies and read through our other threads as we've probably addressed most of your questions already.

#5 marky

marky

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:51 AM

If u just want traffic then do off page activity like : SMO , Affiliate Marketing, E-mail marketing etc. but if u want organic traffic then first you select right keyword phrases then promote that.

marky

#6 BryanBahillo

BryanBahillo

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:39 AM

Even if you have the top 10 search results of google for a certain keyword, if there would be no audience for that keyword, you will surely have no traffic.

#7 Tripti

Tripti

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE(sureshaseo @ Jan 11 2009, 07:24 AM) View Post
I got listed in Google Page 1 for 3 keywords. All the keywords are highly competitive and having enough number of search volume but, I didnít get traffic to my site. please suggest me, whether my promotions was wrong?

You need to do more research on keywords as it's not enough to rank high for 3 keywords only.Better search 10-15 relevant keywords and optimize sit with those keywords by using it as an anchor text in all your SEO efforts .

#8 phaithful

phaithful

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

Also don't forget to have a good title and description that has some call to action or is relevant to the query. You may rank 1, 2, or 3 for a highly searched on keyword phrase, but people won't click on it if they don't think that listing is relevant to what they're looking for.

You may need to test changing out your call to action.

#9 Andy LoCascio

Andy LoCascio

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

I strongly suggest looking into a subscription to Keyword Discovery or some other similar product. This will give you excellent visibilty to daily searches for specific keyword phrases.

#10 Ravi Verma

Ravi Verma

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

Hi,

I would like to know how many how many anchor links can be allowed to per day? I don't want to do it too aggressively or too slowly. I am using 4 keywords, and anchoring all the keywords, in some sites, i use only my site's link without any anchor text. but I still feeling insecured. Therefore, I am asking the question, how many anchored links can be allowed per day so that I don't fall into link farming trap.

Regards,
Ravi Verma

#11 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:15 AM

What makes you think there could be some magic number under which you're safe, but which you're going to be slapped down?

Let's look at an example. Yesterday there was a little goof up with Google. There were probably a million or more pages created yesterday alone on the subject, with many of them linking to either Google's blogspot page or StopBadware's talking about what had happened. These two pages even linked to each other. There were also some pages I'm sure that said the same things in the same words, but didn't necessarily link to the pages in question.

There was a lot of buzz across a wide spectrum of sites. Blogs, forums, legitimate news sites, all of the social media sites, etc, etc. So it was completely natural that there were a ton of links appearing suddenly. And there were a ton of them appearing with the link anchor text of "Google statement" and "Googles statement" linking to the Google page, as well "Stopbadware statement" and "Stopbadwares statement" pointing to their page. We're talking tens of thousands of links using some variation of these phrases in less than a 24 hour period.

But it still looked completely natural. There was a lot of buzz.

If you tried the same thing with one of your pages, even if on a much smaller scale, but there was no real buzz out there, it would appear completely UNnatural. So would quickly attract greater scrutiny because there was no supporting buzz where people were talking about you or your page, but not necessarily linking. Or at least not linking using some variation of the same anchor text phrase.

The moral of the story being it's not about how many. It's about how natural things looks.

#12 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:45 AM

And beyond the natural look, it's about how natural they actually are.

#13 Om27

Om27

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:56 AM

Please correct me if I am wrong:
It also depends on how far people go for a particular keyword. I mean I have noticed for some of my keywords for one of my sites, i had maximum keywords in top 15 of google rankings, but they did not have visitors even though they were high traffic keywords. And for the same keywords for another site that was in top 7 in google for all the keywords had nearly 10 times the traffic i got for the former site mentioned.

But, now when i am working on a site of a different niche, I get much more traffic just by being in to 30 than i got for the earlier mentioned site in to 15.

So, ultimately according to my analysis and observations, it is of utmost importance to judge, how far people tend to search for a particular phrase/topic/niche.

#14 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:52 AM

Om27 do you use google's keyword tool, and have it set to exact match? I think that one is a bit more accurate for the potential number of visitors you might expect, than the others today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!