• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Is It True That Seo Experts Are Invisible?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:08 AM

Keywords in domains can indeed be helpful, but not if you're redirecting the domain that has them!
exactly! you need to create a real website with unqiue content on the end of it.

They were advocating redirecting to an exisitng site, I wonder whether they meant 'park' = duplicate content! or 302 = no PR or 301 = old domain no longer exists?

either way their logic and premise for selling the domain is completely flawed, nor would they accept any other kind of reasoning to imply they were incorrect in their beliefs, and on top of that wanted $395 dollars to boot just for a useless domain name. if they even knew anything about what our main company / website does, they'd know we wouldn't want those visitors coming to the site they suggested pointing it to anyway!

Plus I know for a fact that just because you have the keywords in your domain name it most certainly doesn't automatically guarantee you a page 1 spot in the SE's - just look at my footer sig wink1.gif

All I can say is thank you HRF for giving me the knowledge to tell this muppet to piss off and save us $395! appl.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!