• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Is It True That Seo Experts Are Invisible?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Firstwebsearch

Firstwebsearch

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

Plenty of experts are out there sharing knowledge. You just have to look a little and they are there.

#17 mcanerin

mcanerin

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:22 PM

"Is It True That Seo Experts Are Invisible?"

No one ever sees me at conferences anymore, and I barely have time to go online lately. I'd say I'm pretty close to invisible. Does that mean I can call myself an SEO expert in training? wink1.gif

Ian

#18 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

I'd say I'm pretty close to invisible.

Who said that? searchme.gif

#19 atul

atul

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:33 PM

In my opinion there is no secret behind SEO. Just follow the proper guidelines of search engine and play fair play with search engine. Then your websites don't affect whether Search engine change their algoritham.
Just follow the Path of the websites that are doing well in search engines. Then there is nothing secret.

Cheers

#20 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,604 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Oct 23 2008, 10:58 PM) View Post
Who said that? searchme.gif

Dunno, I couldn't see anybody talking... giggle.gif

--Torka ninja.gif

#21 SEMSEO

SEMSEO

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:42 PM

To outdo each other and attract attention to their websites, SEO "experts" are giving away SEO "secrets" in their blogs for free. whistling.gif

#22 saran

saran

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE(daxmonster @ Oct 23 2008, 11:57 AM) View Post
I don't believe in expert SEO being invisible. I have been an active member on different forums although I'm new here and I see lots of this SEO "experts" sharing their knowledge and secrets. Besides, I personally believe that this people became as so called "experts" because they have been around earlier than others and they also have learned from those who are doing it earlier than them. Its just passing the knowledge to newbies who will be experts in the future. That is what I believe. I didn't know anything about SEO before. I have been doing web design for years and I have no interest in SEO. But when i did, I started reading, downloading, doing some testing, experiments until i found a way that is I think effective. Now I can say i am no newbie but I cant also say that Im an expert. There are lots of things to learn in SEO, and besides, SE algos are changing so different approach is needed to stay alive. That is just my idea of of course..some will agree and some will not...Cheers

I never to believe that is Seo Experts.

#23 SpunkyJones

SpunkyJones

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE(wassim @ Oct 13 2008, 12:51 PM) View Post
Hello,

I saw someone writing the statement: "An SEO Expert is invisible".... In fact, I think it's true. But I was wondering why is that? Why don't they share what they know to the public?

An Expert SEO person (who is a friend of mine) told me that, if SEO Experts tell the public about all the secrets, there wouldn't be anything special about SEO/SEM anymore. I disagree with this! I think it's always good to share what you know. After all, SEO rules are all related to a search engine, and if a search engine changed its algorithm widely, then even the secrets of those experts will become useless!

Is it possibly that SEO experts are afraid that more people will know SEO and it will become harder for them to get new projects? Are there really SEO Secrets? and does Jill tell us about those secrets in the private lessons?

Least but not last, how can someone become an SEO Expert?

Regards,
Wassim

It is my personal opinion that if SEO expects revealed all of their secrets, it would level the playing field. It would cost them revenue, if they gave out the biggest SEO secrets. I don't really think that there are too many big ethical secrets out there. However, there are plenty of blackhat unethical secrets out there for a price. However, it is best to not use blackhat techniques if you are blogging for the long term. Furthermore, it is best not to use them at all!
The biggest secret is to world hard and build your SEO collectively, brick by brick. It is like building a savings account. You put money in on a weekly basis and wait for the interest to build. Applying SEO techniques that the search engines approve of, is a good blueprint to follow. You'll get a good solid foundation to build your site upon.

With the times changing, social media networking is something that plays an important part of SEO. It can deliver you large amount of targeted traffic to your site and you name band at the same time. You just need to make sure that your site has quality content and that your site is optimized to convert your visitors into sales, etc. Of course, this is dependent on your products and services that you have to offer.

QUOTE(atul @ Oct 23 2008, 10:33 PM) View Post
In my opinion there is no secret behind SEO. Just follow the proper guidelines of search engine and play fair play with search engine. Then your websites don't affect whether Search engine change their algoritham.
Just follow the Path of the websites that are doing well in search engines. Then there is nothing secret.

Cheers

The only reason that there is so much buzz about secrets, is to get people to purchase their SEO books and tips. Most of that stuff is old news, and can be found on many SEO blogs without any cost to you. SEO secrets, is basically clever link bait that generate sales, that takes your hard earned dollars! Usually, if they offer something that actually works, it is something that is on it's way out and not that useful anymore.

#24 MaryKrysia

MaryKrysia

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

Least but not last, how can someone become an SEO Expert

Despite all the protests to the contrary on this forum thread, there really are SEO experts or masters of the art of SEO. They usually have a lot of knowledge and experience. Experience is the primary way to become a Master of SEO. There is nothing like trying and failing and trying again and becoming better and better at SEO. Keeping up with other SEO Masters also helps.

whitehat.gif

#25 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:34 AM

I was contacted by an "SEO expert" just this week, who thinks this SEO community doesn't know what it's talking about.

Here is what they beleive is the SEO secret sauce...
Hello,

Since you are in the financial industry, I thought you might like to know that I am selling the keyword domain www.PrequalifyForAHomeLoan.com. This exact-match domain name can be forwarded to www.OUR DOMAIN NAME.com to capture any pre-qualified leads from buyers who type in the domains into their browser.

Over 10,000 potential buyers type the keywords "PREQUALIFY FOR A HOME LOAN" into a Google search engine every year. Having an exact-match domain such as www.PrequalifyForAHomeLoan.com is one of the easiest ways to get on the first page of Google for the keywords "PREQUALIFY FOR A HOME LOAN", due to the exact match between domain name and keywords. Plus, a descriptive, memorable name should also prove helpful in your Internet and offline marketing campaigns.

This is a very short term, first come first served opportunity. I am contacting other companies today about the domain name and will sell this targeted domain for $395. Go to www.PrequalifyForAHomeLoan.com and click "Buy This Domain" to begin the escrow process.

Yup there are still "SEO experts" out there who are telling everyone that buying loads of keyword rich domain names and then pointing them to your existing website will bring in the traffic for those keywords?

When I questioned their logic in buying a guzillion keyword rich domain names and poiting them to the one website bringing up the duplicate content filter and the great 'Real' advice I get from HRF SEO community, this was their reply...
Just because you idiots don't believe in keywords in domains doesn't make it any less true.
( i didn't paste it all as some were profanities!)

So I would say, yes SEO experts are invisible, I've yet to be pestered by one, it's just a shame the cowboys blackhat.gif aren't invisible as well as inaudible!

Edited by 1dmf, 26 May 2010 - 06:25 AM.

#26 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:11 PM

hysterical.gif too funny

#27 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

Just because you idiots don't believe in keywords in domains doesn't make it any less true.

Keywords in domains can indeed be helpful, but not if you're redirecting the domain that has them!

#28 MaryKrysia

MaryKrysia

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:07 PM

About four years ago, I changed the page names on my web site site to include keyword phrases. This had no effect on the SERPS and I removed those pages after one year. Something must have changed since then if using keywords in domain names or page names makes any difference now in rankings. I might have been ahead of the times. I am such a trend setter. cool.gif

#29 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

@Scottie:

I like your quote - it seems like many women seem to think that way, nowadays biggrin.gif

(childish, I know, but couldn't hold it in, sorry ;-))

#30 harpsound

harpsound

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

Expert - Definition: A failed drip under pressure.

There is always a percentage of the peeps that will abdicate responsibility to an "expert".
Usually the peeps learn from their mistakes and eventually find a true pro.
Professionals are what "experts" want to be.

Professionals bring a broad spectrum of experience.
They may or may not charge.
To me being a pro is defined by their ability in a wide range of possibility.
They acknowledge their limitations.

A self proclaimed "expert" on the other hand knows "everything".
Lots of ego.
Lots of agenda usually around $.
More of a one trick pony.

S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!