• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Prweb A Bad Idea?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 AnimatedMarketing

AnimatedMarketing

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Oct 13 2008, 05:23 PM) View Post
And not a very good one at that.

I agree to an extent. I have used PRweb on more than one site, and have had arguably good success considering it is one link from one site. PRweb is a 'trusted' authority in press releases as Ezinearticles.com is a trusted authority relating to articles.

The problem is that a PRweb submission is expensive. So is it worth it to you to spend one lump sum on a decent backlink, or spend that same money somewhere else. The link is permanent, so I guess that can be factored in.

BR

#17 slinky

slinky

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

I agree to an extent. I have used PRweb on more than one site, and have had arguably good success considering it is one link from one site. PRweb is a 'trusted' authority in press releases as Ezinearticles.com is a trusted authority relating to articles.

I have always been amazed that ezinearticles is a "trusted authority". If you read the articles, it's a trusted authority of self-promoting content not worth reading. And no matter what I've heard about article directories being devalued, i still find a good number of searches coming up with ezine article results (although they never result in me ever going to the author's site because it ends when I see what domain I've landed on.)

PRWeb is different. You got good advice. Many will read the articles they publish because anyone willing to pay the price of admission means it's an additional filter of content. If it's free, tons of garbage. if it costs money, it will be a barrier to all the dumpers and only those who can pay the price of admission will distribute their promotional material.
  • torka likes this

#18 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,579 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

If you read the articles, it's a trusted authority of self-promoting content not worth reading.

:cheers: :rofl:

OK, to be fair, I do know a couple of good writers who have submitted things to ezinearticles in the past. But for the most part, I think you're spot on there.

And :thumbup: on the idea that paying money tends to weed out a lot of the garbage. Some of the releases on PRWeb are questionable, but at least you know the issuing organization was willing to shell out a few bucks on them.

--Torka :propeller:
  • slinky likes this

#19 slinky

slinky

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

And :thumbup: on the idea that paying money tends to weed out a lot of the garbage. Some of the releases on PRWeb are questionable, but at least you know the issuing organization was willing to shell out a few bucks on them.

Same notion but better said than myself. It's one of several spam filters for a world with an excess of press releases, lol.

Edited by slinky, 23 October 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#20 stoneman

stoneman

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

i really would not categorize the link that is given to you in a press release as "buying links," if you are - then you are doing it wrong.

press releases can be a great way to leverage traffic, if written correctly.

we are seeing an inordinate amount of press releases popping up in googles index these days, and most of them clearly do not warrant a press release, nor are they likely to generate any traffic.

"local plumber expands operations and purchases a truck" is much different than "New Berry Weight Loss Supplement Hits the Market"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!