• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Shopping Results

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pamela

Pamela

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:28 AM

Hi everyone.

Does an ecommerce site have to do anything to get products listed in a Google shopping search? Or does Google have a way of figuring out products for sale on its own?

Thanks!
Pam

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:50 AM

You can slap the product details in a feed and upload it via Google Base wink1.gif

If you're using any of the popular shopping cart platforms available out there they probably already have a contribution/plug-in/addon that'll do the job of creating the feed for you lickity-split. You do need a Google account to upload it, but that's the easy part.

#3 Pamela

Pamela

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:48 AM

aha. neat, thank you!! thumbup1.gif

one more question: if i was going to do this for a client (really more than one), would i need to use their google account? or should i create a new google account specifically to do this?

doesn't one google account give you access to the whole slew of google crap (services, i mean services) like gmail, adwords, etc.? in that case i'd guess that I wouldn't use the client's account since that would give me access to too much stuff i don't want access to. is this right? How would you do it?

Thanks!
Pam

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:57 AM

It's always best to use your client's own account. That way they get to continue to access everything if/when they are no longer your client.

#5 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:04 PM

Yup, each with their own account.

Heck, I have different accounts for each of my domains. And people wonder why I have this 18 page book of usernames and passwords. lol.gif

On the feed submission thingee, it's basically the same as when it was called Froogle. Problem is the darned thing has changed names too many times in recent years and each time the name changes they change a little something.

#6 Livetech

Livetech

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:29 AM

Another small benefit for each client having their own account is that certain stats don't seem to appear if you have each client under one "My Client Centre" Account.

Either that or I can't seem to find them! smile.gif

#7 EddyGonzalez

EddyGonzalez

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:39 AM

Yes you're right, I switched back to an individual client account due to the lack of info/data displayed when using an 'MCC' account.

#8 Britnett

Britnett

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(EddyGonzalez @ Oct 21 2008, 12:39 PM) View Post
Yes you're right, I switched back to an individual client account due to the lack of info/data displayed when using an 'MCC' account.

Re Shopping Results by Google - to add to this thread:: Good info guys thanks - Question. Has anyone any experiance how to ensure a number of client site can be included in the Shopping Results by Google. EG - We host about 100 e-commerce sites and we would like to make sure all get a chance to be listed in the Shopping Results by Google SERP.

Many thanks - Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.