• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Reciprocal Link Sites & One Way Link Sites...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 T.N

T.N

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:38 AM

Hi Everybody,

there are websites that the people interested in exchanging links enter it, either free or paid, and then the webmasters exchange links with each others. IMO it is a good idea to fasten up the rate of exchanging links.

Some of those websites state it as a condition to add its link in our website first to continue the registeration, I'm afraid that Google will consider them a link farm and we are pointing to them, that will results in a problem. But those websites have high ranks, 5, 6 etc...

so, is it safe to add them in our website??

Regards..

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,913 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:42 AM

Yes, it is a link farm. That's the exact definition of one, actually.

#3 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:16 AM

Yes it's a link farm.

No it's not wise. giggle.gif

#4 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:40 AM

Does that include directories? they request recipricol link!

I have been offered a recipricol link by a directory that aproached me, I sent them my link details, but the link details they sent back were for a completely different URL / Company , when I querried this they answered
Reason we asked you to place a link for xxxxx company is because we actually prefer doing 3-way link exchange rather than a simple reciprocal link exchange. With a 3-way link exchange, you get a one-way link in exchange for a link back to our other site. It's an established fact that many search engines, in particular Google, place a greater emphasis on “one way links” that connect to a website.

Many search algorithms may be able to detect reciprocal link trading as an artificial means of boosting the popularity of both sites and discount the value of these links. By doing a 3-way link from sites hosted on different servers, a webmaster can build link popularity without the search engine being able to detect the link trading as easily. According to Google’s own Webmaster guidelines, they now state you shouldn’t have “excessive reciprocal links.” It is harder for search engines to track 3-way link exchanges because 3-way links occur naturally, even if people don’t do it purposely.

So is this true, are recipricol links a thing of the past and carry no wieght?

Also, I feel this only benefits the directory and the company they are trying to promote, as I only get a link from the directory yet the 3rd party site gets a link from me.

Doesn't google discount directory links these days?

Does G! expect every link to be viral now?

#5 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:17 AM

Everything in their response points to trying to fool Google etal, which is never a good idea. Especially as a starting premise.

For this reason alone I'd not link with the schemers.

So is this true, are recipricol links a thing of the past and carry no wieght?

No. Recips are just fine if they're done for the right reasons. But if they're done for the right reasons there's no reason to attempt to hide the fact that they're reciprocal links.

Doesn't google discount directory links these days?

I think to state this as a categorical fact would be a bit strong. Though it is true that many directories have had their links devalued. Partly due to lack of authority, partly due to silly games like the one outlined that too many have been caught doing.

People seem to forget that Google is a large organization with a lot of people. What's to stop them from developing a web site (or a thousand of them!) and then approach different directories and other web sites to sort out which are requiring things that show clear intent to fool Google's automated systems? Once discovered it would be child's play for them to completely devalue those sites that aren't following their guidelines, and be 100% sure of intent.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,913 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:41 AM

They don't know what they're talking about. Trapezoidal Linking Matriflux is the way to go these days. Way better than triangular linking crap. smile.gif

#7 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:46 AM

Trapezoidal Linking Matriflux
- ok, ok, I get the message wink1.gif

The alarm bells had been set off, but wanted to be sure it wasn't a false alarm.

seings as I was only getting a link from a directory when they wanted me to put a link to a contact lense site, I don't think i'll bother.

why would people wanting to buy a mortgage need a link to a contact lense site..... to read the small print perhaps????

#8 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:36 AM

to read the small print perhaps???

hysterical.gif shout.gif lol.gif eek.gif

#9 epsell

epsell

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:57 PM

Hello

I have a question
How much do you think that this link exchange thingy works.
I would really appreciate it if you can help me.

Thanks

#10 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,774 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:03 AM

Some do, some don't!
It's as simple as that.

#11 ForumEngine

ForumEngine

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Oct 20 2008, 08:41 AM) View Post
Trapezoidal Linking Matriflux is the way to go these days. smile.gif

I knew there was a special inside secret, I knew it! But remember, you can only do Trapezoidal Linking Matriflux while you're in the Matrix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!