• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Joomla And Rankings, Pros / Cons?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 livingdreams_sa

livingdreams_sa

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

Since 10 days, I've been learning Joomla in order to transfer my ordinary-html site into CMS-joomla site. My findings regarding SEO are:

- If you're not careful with joomla (i.e. if you're not aware of traps which joomla brings regarding SEO), your site can become a SEO-disaster. Examples:

- There are joomla-extensions (not backbone-joomla, but extensions independetly develloped by third-side-programmers) which will build-in hidden links into your site, i.e. links which user doesn't see but google-bot sees them. As result, your site can even be banned from google-index. (Just search following on google for further readings: hidden links in joomla). (Cure against this problem: 1.To carefuly examine and select joomla-extensions which you are installing. 2. After installing extension, go to source-code of generated page and check for outgoing links; there are internet-based-tools for this task.)

- Duplicate content problem. This is maybe (I'm not an expert - this is my first cms) common issue for most of CMS softwares. With some joomla-extensions, and maybe with backbone-joomla itself also (I don't know yet), especially if you don't use joomla's or joomla-extension's adjustings properly, you're site will be full of pages which can be delivered in web-browser with many different url-s. As result, google will index many different url-s for the same page - and as we know G is not happy with that. (Further reading: go to forum.joomla.org and search for: duplicate content, or for: multple url's.) (Cure: I think there are different approaches. One is using canonical tag - search in youtube for: matt cutts canonical.)

regards from Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina :) (this is a little propaganda for my (little) country.. I hope Jill will not be angry for spamming the forum :) )

Edited by livingdreams_sa, 15 March 2013 - 02:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!