• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Online Reputation Management

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Devin Juan

Devin Juan

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:48 AM

Hi to every one,

One of my client has negative comments in SERP.If I put his brand name "xyz", many negative comments and postings are being displayed in google serp and therefore he is losing lot of his clients. I am trying to push down those comments from past 6 months by doing pressrelease, blog posting, creating profile in networking sites but all is in vain.

Please help me.....

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,863 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:23 AM

If there are a lot of negative comments, perhaps they are true?

It's often difficult to even push down 1, but if you are dealing with many, I'm not sure there's much you can do other than try to email those who made them and see if they will remove them.

#3 Devin Juan

Devin Juan

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Aug 26 2008, 11:23 AM) View Post
If there are a lot of negative comments, perhaps they are true?

It's often difficult to even push down 1, but if you are dealing with many, I'm not sure there's much you can do other than try to email those who made them and see if they will remove them.

As far as I know, my client is being victimized by their competitors.That is the reason I took this assignment.

What you have said is true its hard to push even 1.

I need your help badly.....

Please suggest!

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,863 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

I don't have any advice for you. Perhaps others might.

#5 Orpheus Descending

Orpheus Descending

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

I'm not sure if this will work, and it is certainly not my idea, but when Barrack Obama was dealing with a lot of BS about him on the web, he started his own web site to set the record straight. His developers and SEO guys created a site that took word for word everything negative said online and optimized the content for the negative phrases. When people clicked on his link, the site showed the negative comment prominently (so the content was inline with the SEO) then he followed those comments with the facts.

For example, there was a ton about Obama not being a Christian, so he used the exact keywords and phrases optimised for being Muslim and all that, and then beneath the slander, he had a box that read 'The Facts' or something to that affect where he went through point by point, in very professional, non-emotional language to set the record straight.

I believe Andy Beal wrote it in Marketing Pilgrim, but I could be wrong about that. You might want to do a search.

I believe there may have also been a blog or forum on Obama's site so people could vent there skepticism which put the control back in the campaigns hands and not in the hands of spin doctors.

It's worth a try if this guy really is a good guy, but I would also suggest you do some more research to make sure he's on the up and up.

Good luck!

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,863 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

Yep that's a great strategy. You may not be able to beat them, but at least you can provide the facts.

#7 Devin Juan

Devin Juan

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

thank you orpheus ,

I am going to try this. Let us see how it works....

Thanx once again orpheus for giving a new ray of hope.

#8 Orpheus Descending

Orpheus Descending

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

Happy to pass along someone else's brilliant ideas. And it would be really great if you come back and tell us if it worked, and how well it worked or if it didn't work at all. I'm curious. I thought it was a brilliant move on the part of the campaign - regardless of what I think about the candidate.

#9 Jarret

Jarret

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

Wow, that is a really great idea and never even thought to do something like that to counter negative comments/criticism.

#10 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,579 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

Orpheus mentioned Andy Beal's Marketing Pilgrim blog. Andy also offers a downloadable Online Reputation Management Beginners' Guide (free) that may be helpful to people looking to get started with reputation management. His blog is also a good source of ideas and information on the subject.

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#11 Devin Juan

Devin Juan

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

thanx torka ,

Actually I have read that beginners guide 5 days back.what amazes is in spite of all atempts I am unable to push down the negative comments.Our client's competitors have gone to such an extent that they are monitoring our SERP and whenever I try to push down negative comments, they will come up with another one. Two years back our client was having two negative comments and now it has five comments. what really frustrates me is that SERP of these comments will have constant fluctuation.I have been working as SEO for past two to three years and nowadays I am going through introspection whether I am doing justice to my client as SEO.

Thanx torka for taking u r quality time to respond my thread.

Edited by Devin Juan, 26 August 2008 - 04:57 PM.

#12 Devin Juan

Devin Juan

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:01 PM

Dear orpheus,

I am going to try what u have said and then I will come up with results, I will counteract with those negative words using in title and summary. I will publish press release by using those negative comments.This is going to be wait and watch game.

#13 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:26 AM

The usual reputation management tactics don't work when you're dealing with a hostile entity. It's not as simple as flooding the search results with content. You have to provide value for that content through value-passing links.

Unfortunately, reputation management can become competitive very fast whenever you're dealing with one or more sites that are actively taking a position against your client. You cannot take the "just throw up some blogs and press releases" approach. You MUST treat it as a seriously competitive SEO campaign.

#14 timekeeper90

timekeeper90

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:43 PM

If negative comments are still coming after 6 months then the probability is that the site itself must be bad and not serving any purpose to its customers.
6 months is a long time and it will take you lot of effort to rectify everything which has gone bad.
So my suggestion would be that tell your client to have a thorough run down with his team about his clients and their performance.
Its not your fault at all.

#15 Narcotic

Narcotic

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:21 PM

I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that making profiles on social networking sites (using your clients name) will push down the existing results and the social network sites will replace them. I am not sure how true this is but I'm sure someone on here will have a better idea.

Just to add a little to it I do believe that if you create profiles on social networks and post something in the about section that is relevant to the company and post the URL to your clients website in the Company Website Option you'll see them start to appear in google anyway I know all mine do.

You can check the availability of the names on various sites like namechk.com.

Hope this helps you.

JG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!