• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Client Not Paying Money Owed

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,579 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(Copywriter39 @ Jun 11 2008, 12:07 AM) View Post
How fresh does the horse head have to be? I have one in the freezer now that's about two weeks old. My wife's been nagging me to get rid of it.

Nagging you to get rid of it. Heh.

I would think in this sort of case it would be the older (and more disgustingly decayed) the better. Might be a good idea to take it out of the freezer now to let it age properly before delivery.

But I admit, although I lived in New Jersey for 10 years and my husband has relatives (now sadly deceased of -- ahem -- "sudden acute lead poisoning") who were prior to their "unfortunate accident"... uhm, "legitimate businessmen", I'm not an expert on these matters personally.

whistling.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#17 ScottSalwolke

ScottSalwolke

Scott Salwolke

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(rolf @ Jun 11 2008, 04:58 AM) View Post
I have a similar approach, but before this stage I write 2 extra letters. The first letter simply states the relevant dates (completion, launch, invoice, reminders etc.) and asks for immediate payment, after 7 days I write one saying I expect payment within 14 days to avoid further action, then at the end of 14 days I send a letter giving them a final 7 days to pay before I start court action, in which I include the photocopy . (all these are sent recorded)

The reason for the extra letters is A ) so I can demonstrate clearly to the court that I have been reasonable, clear in my intent and have given them every opportunity to avoid court action and b ) to try to subtly indicate to the client that I am working on point A. I'm pleased to say I've never yet had anyone go past the final 7 days.

I like this approach. I think I'll begin initiating it next week.

#18 FERDINAND

FERDINAND

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:29 AM

Hi
I can't believe he'd want to get hauled in front of his licensing/regulatory board over the cost of some web design.
Let alone possibly lose his license over a fraud claim for what has to be peanuts compared to the amount of money he represents in home sales.

#19 jcduo

jcduo

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:38 AM

This issue is actually one of my concerns before I engaged in online marketing. I did have experiences when clients did not pay me for the services and products I gave them. It turned out that it is really difficult to get a hold of them.

#20 Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE(jcduo @ Jan 21 2009, 02:38 AM) View Post
This issue is actually one of my concerns before I engaged in online marketing. I did have experiences when clients did not pay me for the services and products I gave them. It turned out that it is really difficult to get a hold of them.

I too have had atleast 3 cases when buyers suddenly stopped responding to emails and making the payments once the site was up and running or the SEO was done. I didnt have access to the server and I couldnt do anything about them except to send first a polite reminder email, then in 3 days, another reminder email with slightly stronger wording, and in the next 2 days another strongly worded letter that I will report them to the freelance site from where I got the work. I understand the OP may be at an advantage since he had gotten the work through other means, not through freelance sites. It is easier when you have access to small claims court, etc.

#21 seocouple

seocouple

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

In every business there are risks. If you cannot do anything about it, you client will reap what he sow. Somebody else will not pay him for his business someday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!