• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

1st Page To 8-10 Pages Fall

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 dimok

dimok

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 01:55 AM

I wonder what can cause such falling of the site on some keywords?

Site was the top on some keyword for a long period (I say for 2-4 Google dances) and occasionally falls greatly. If none of "SEO No-no's" were used, what can be reason of such falling?

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

PS. Not sure if I choose the right subforum (moderators will correct me if so).

#2 glengara

glengara

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:22 AM

Just a thought, could your Doctype stating the language as English be causing confusion?

#3 dimok

dimok

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:37 AM

Just a thought, could your Doctype stating the language as English be causing confusion?

Why?

PS. I do not speaking about site in my signature. My question is about English keywords and site in English.

#4 Mel

Mel

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 05:01 AM

HI Dimok, there have been many sites who recently dropped in the Google rankings - you are not alone. This may be some adjustment in the Google algo, which is supposed to be undergoing "major" upgrades, but I have not identified what the diffeences are.

One thought it appears to me that there may now be an increased value being put on either inbound links or anchor text in inbound links.

#5 dimok

dimok

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 05:39 AM

Hi, Mel!

One thought it appears to me that there may now be an increased value being put on either inbound links or anchor text in inbound links.

So, we all have to focus on collecting "good links" to site instead of scurpulous optimization of text? :unsure:

Mybe It's a new boom in the industry? I remember that keywords tag was very popular, but soon it was spammed a lot, so major SEs do not give any value to it. Maybe soon other internal parameters (keywords density, proximity, usage in H1, etc) will have a very little value?

Very interesting... :rant: :eek:

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!