• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Affiliate Marketing

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 sanman

sanman

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:21 PM

I want to do affiliate marketing, but have no idea how to start, can anybody help?

#2 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:12 AM

there are many affiliate sites and networks you can promote your affiliate program through, such as affiliates4u , alot of these sites require you to create accounts and supply details of your affiliate program, such as commission paid, cookie life , if multi-tiered etc..

Simply google for afilliate programs / marketing and you'll find all the top affiliate marketing networks.

#3 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:42 AM

Which angle are you approaching it from?

Do you want to be an affiliate for other peoples products/services? Or are you looking to attract affiliates to help get the word out about your site?

#4 sanman

sanman

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:04 AM

I want to market products through affiliate programme.

#5 gsimerlink

gsimerlink

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:50 AM

We use an affiliate program, which is facilitated through one of the larger affiliate providers, to promote our site with mixed results. For a while the person running it wasn't too choosy about who our affiliates were and this hurt us on two fronts. Some affiliates were competing with us for PPC keywords and others had sites that made us look bad to be assocaited with them. The way we have our program now is to only accept affiliates who bring value to our potential customers or introduce us to a new relevant customer base. We reject 80-85% of all applications. To help our affilates we try to give them special offers for them to advertise.

I mention this because you should keep in mind that many of the better brands out there want to protect their marketing image and you have to present a worthwhile site or program of value before they will give you a commission.

#6 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

A very valid point gsimerlink. I ended up doing much the same sort of vetting of affiliates for my sites that accept such arrangements.

Sanman, your biggest key is going to be to choose who you affiliate with wisely. Not only in what products or services they offer and what their payouts are, but the make up of their site, customer service, etc. The trick being that if they have an iffy site to begin with the conversion rates will be miniscule, which directly affects your pay.

From the perspective of your own site the best adivce I can give you is to make sure you don't simply regurgitate information directly from their site. You can provide the same details, but make sure you're not doing a direct copy and paste because it's likely 100+ other people are already doing that. Look for a special angle that will help to close the deal for the types of people who visit your site and try to make a strong impression. After all, whatever you tell folks is likely going to be several pages and several minutes before each person actually makes that final commitment to buy something.

#7 sanman

sanman

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:13 AM

Is there any example of good affiliate sites?

#8 GriffSarah

GriffSarah

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE(sanman @ May 8 2008, 08:13 AM) View Post
Is there any example of good affiliate sites?

I am just starting Affiliate Marketing, have been receiving emails from a really great UK affiliate forum called Affiliates 4 u (do a google search). Some really great advice on there so would make that your first visit.

So you want to become an Affiliate for other merchants. First thought is to do your research and find an angle, what are people interested in at the moment - is it ECO products.
Or as a starter you may want to start with advertising products with high margins, then you get the most commission back - if you sell something for someone worth £100 - and commission you get is 10%- then you get £10 - which is great ain't it.

Depending on your niche angle, will depend on what Affilaite network to approach and work with - E-consultancy produced a good guide to Affiliate Marketing worth a read.

Good luck with it

Griff

#9 marketraise seo

marketraise seo

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:16 AM

Now this is what I call a post I read your post and friend I really appreciate your efforts in giving such a nice piece of information.I am new here and just joined the forum and now feeling glad that I have joined this forum.

It seemed that you all guys are busy in your discussion thats why you guys dont have tiome to welcome me or reply me no problem friends.

#10 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:20 AM

I'm not sure what you wanted any of us to say marketraise seo, since you didn't ask a question.

Other than Welcome ! hi.gif

#11 Benedict

Benedict

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:17 AM

Hi everyone, I think that internet marketing can be carried on various ways and that there are many areas that can go with that. It depends on where you have your interests. It is just that profits are galore in each and every area and itís up to you to judge the right one.

#12 SERPico

SERPico

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE(sanman @ May 1 2008, 04:21 AM) View Post
I want to do affiliate marketing, but have no idea how to start, can anybody help?

I would like to suggest to visit the 5 star affiliates forum (Google it) - there is a dedicated section for newbies and great information to get started in niche affiliate marketing.
Linda Buquet, the owner of the forum is very knowledgable and helpful in getting people started in affiliate marketing, as well as the forum members.

Another source i can highly recommend is Ruck's blog called Cash Tactics that contains some good no-nonsense, this-is-how-you-do-it posts on affiliate marketing, specifically CPA (Cost per Action) marketing.

You can either utilize PPC (e.g. Google Adwords) or SEO to atract traffic to your money pages or whatever method that works for you to get your site noticed.

#13 sanman

sanman

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:52 AM

Thanks. Will look into it. Hope it will be helpful.

#14 Benedict

Benedict

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:41 AM

Hi everyone, I think that internet marketing can be carried on various ways and that there are many areas that can go with that. It depends on where you have your interests. It is just that profits are galore in each and every area and itís up to you to judge the right one.

#15 nethy

nethy

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:22 AM

Interesting that many large affiliate programs (Amazon comes to mind) let most people join.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!