• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Professional Organization

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

You just described ours pretty well Michael! Plus we provide specific actionable advice for YOUR website, so it's beyond just generic information.

Anyone who'd done SEO for different websites knows that every site has different needs. It's really important to understand what YOUR site needs, more so than what just any old site might need, imo.

#17 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:15 PM

I think there are just too many people looking for the "magic formula" who think they can just learn SEO and plug it in to a website. I get really discouraged by all the people out there selling their "SEO" to "fix your metatags" and other futile things.

While you can learn to cut hair and be certified, that doesn't mean you'll be good at it. Someone who's taken computer repair courses can be certified and still not have a clue what they are doing.

Like any profession, the teaching of it is just a framework... really learning it requires digging in and doing it, trying things, testing things, staying involved and informed and having a sense of direction about the site, not the search engines.

Classes and certification are all good ways to start, but without experience and results, it's hard to tell if someone just talks a good game or really knows what they are doing.

I had lunch this week with a potential client who had been following a certain blog and wanted to know my views on "pagerank sculpting" and creating a reciprocal link directory... and the main words that describe his business appeared only once on his home page, 3/4 of the way down...

#18 maleman

maleman

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

I had lunch this week with a potential client who had been following a certain blog and wanted to know my views on "pagerank sculpting" and creating a reciprocal link directory...

Sounds interesting but I never heard of "pagerank sculpting". I'd like to hear about that too. whitehat.gif

#19 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE(maleman @ May 2 2010, 10:03 PM) View Post
Sounds interesting but I never heard of "pagerank sculpting". I'd like to hear about that too. whitehat.gif

PageRank Sculpting[/hr]

No need for more discussion on that in this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!