• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Website Review Please

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 rose77mary77

rose77mary77

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:04 AM

Really very good layout with a beautifull contrast, it covered the viewers attendance fully, the allingments of contents are superb, good and sylish fonts......

#17 ceuyan

ceuyan

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

the site is straight to the point with no flash to it.. i like it.

business sites should all be designed this way. the navigation was quick and easy. looking at the home page i was able to easily figure out what the site was about. good job!

#18 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:55 AM

thanks guys,

Its changed a little since i submitted the review ive tried to make improvments etc

#19 GLance

GLance

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

Nice. It gets my first impression. The design and the content arrangement is pro. Actually, I never find out a website that focused on stoves before and I am impressed that you can provide much contents about it.

#20 neka

neka

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:56 AM

The structure is appropriate. I like your site, that looks clean

#21 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:41 AM

Nice site!

Although todays 'typical layout', it's clean and easy to use and you're no. 4 @ 2 1/4 million and no.1 @ 1/3 million for the two keywords i'd use!

Good Job!

#22 EddyGonzalez

EddyGonzalez

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:43 AM

In terms of ranking and targeting your original keywords, 'Woodburning Stoves, Multi Fuel Stoves, Woodburner, Stoves' you seem to have been successful at this as 1dmf points out. I would be interested to learn how well your revenue has grown since 2007 from the website.
From a more marketing point of view your site can still be further improved. When I first went to the site I couldn't tell what your value proposition was, why should I buy from you? I then scrolled a little and I saw a whole bunch of statements that would set you out from your competitors, 'free delivery', 'huge savings', 'full warranty', these are the kind of things that would turn browsers in to potential purchasers. Yet you have these statements half way down the page, below the fold and I'm using 1680x1050! Get these messages higher so that they are more prominent. Also the price match guarantee is a big catch, I didn't notice it at first, only until after reading the page a little did my eyes wander to the edge of the page. I'm all for adding brand logos on a site, it kinda shows some level of authority, but do you need to have them twice? In the top banner and the bottom? why not use the top banner for your value propositions instead?
There's a lot of menu links in the left nav bar, it looks confusing to me. You may be detracting from sections you would like to drive your visitors. Are there any menu links that visitors don't click so much such as 'links', 'terms of use', 'about us', 'sitemap'? don't remove them, but consider moving them to the bottom of the page.
Thats all I can think of for now...

#23 thetraveler

thetraveler

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

The site impresses on first glance only because of the beautiful photography. You've put the time into on page seo, it might be time to put more effort into the conversion of the site. EddyGonzalez' suggestions are good especially the part about making your differentiators stand out. This is the internet age, and most visitors will not read much. Having long text for serp purposes is fine, but don't expect your visitors to read it all. Make your differentiators be the second thing they see after they say "wow" to that beautiful stove on the home page. And make them see it on every page to really ram it in there.

Also, creating better looking sidebar links would go far in complementing the richness of the photography.

#24 Sean Ansari

Sean Ansari

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

wow ..Good use of the images . and i really liked the site navigation.

#25 kitch

kitch

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:38 AM

I'm fairly new at this, I did notice that you have two title tags, probably not good for search engines. The site looks great! Very simple and easy to maneuver around.
Thanks,
Pat

#26 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE(kitch @ Feb 8 2009, 03:38 PM) View Post
I'm fairly new at this, I did notice that you have two title tags, probably not good for search engines. The site looks great! Very simple and easy to maneuver around.
Thanks,
Pat

Hi,

where do I have 2 title tags? im not sure what you mean?

#27 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE(EddyGonzalez @ Sep 19 2008, 03:43 PM) View Post
In terms of ranking and targeting your original keywords, 'Woodburning Stoves, Multi Fuel Stoves, Woodburner, Stoves' you seem to have been successful at this as 1dmf points out. I would be interested to learn how well your revenue has grown since 2007 from the website.
From a more marketing point of view your site can still be further improved. When I first went to the site I couldn't tell what your value proposition was, why should I buy from you? I then scrolled a little and I saw a whole bunch of statements that would set you out from your competitors, 'free delivery', 'huge savings', 'full warranty', these are the kind of things that would turn browsers in to potential purchasers. Yet you have these statements half way down the page, below the fold and I'm using 1680x1050! Get these messages higher so that they are more prominent. Also the price match guarantee is a big catch, I didn't notice it at first, only until after reading the page a little did my eyes wander to the edge of the page. I'm all for adding brand logos on a site, it kinda shows some level of authority, but do you need to have them twice? In the top banner and the bottom? why not use the top banner for your value propositions instead?
There's a lot of menu links in the left nav bar, it looks confusing to me. You may be detracting from sections you would like to drive your visitors. Are there any menu links that visitors don't click so much such as 'links', 'terms of use', 'about us', 'sitemap'? don't remove them, but consider moving them to the bottom of the page.
Thats all I can think of for now...

Hi thanks for your reply.

Turnover increased a hell of a lot put it this way im aiming for 1 million this year

#28 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

Hi guys,

We originally had an out of the box shopping cart which we outgrew so i designed my own from scratch. just wondering what you guys think about it.

General
Is this site completed or under construction? Completed

If completed:
How long has the site been up? The domain has been live since 2007 but this new design and restructure has been live since 1st May 2010

SEO
Do you have incoming links? Yes, DMOZ, Yahoo directory and then hundreds of directory links and quite a few recipical links with other sites

What keywords are you targeting? As general keywords we optimise for our home page Woodburner, multi fuel stoves, woodburning stoves, stoves

Do you want your code reviewed for errors or improvements? Yes Please

Marketing
Who is your target audience? Think about:

We cater for all really, anyone who wants to have more efficient and cost effective heating

The more you tell us about your target audience, the better. We don't know them- you do!

Why is your site different from sites selling/offering similar info/goods/services? Why will someone want to do business you? There are another 3 main competitors really and we feel that we are a stronger company on paper and are able to offer a better service, we hold more stock and get products to customer quicker than any other stores generally.

How important is usability? Extremely

What is the purpose of the site? (inform, sell, online community, support B&M business, contact info only, etc) Ecommerce site so to sell sell sell

Design
Do you want design suggestions? Why Not smile.gif

Here is our homepage: http://www.woodburnerwarehouse.co.uk

Here is a product Page: http://www.woodburne...uel_stove.phtml

Thanks in advance

#29 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:02 AM

Well I'm going to do my usual W3C moan..... you have 37 errors http://validator.w3....%...ine&group=0

And that's just the home page.

I feel the top banner is too large, and is wasting valuable space, but the overall design and layout isn't bad at all.

Though what happens to your navigation when viewing the shopping cart?

I also found a dead link http://www.woodburne...ry_stoves.phtml

I would improve on your description meta tag, you are wasting valuable words, remember it's two lines long and it's your chance to sell your website over the others in the SERP listings.

I also noticed you start your pages with h2 tags , why not use a h1 then a h2, it's sematically incorrect to start the page with a h2 not a h1 (and there is still the debate about the H# tag weight!)

Remember if you find the h1 tag too big simply use CSS to correctly style it.

which brings me to my last observation... try to remove the hardcoded CSS into an external CSS file, but maybe that's just me ;-)

#30 Catz

Catz

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:43 PM

A few design suggestions:
That logo section at the top of the page just seems out of place. You are wasting some valuable web space there in the top fold of every page. You could add this information lower in the page and it might be more appropriate.

Your pages look so much nicer if you scroll down to where you do not see the logo section at the top of the page. You get the full picture of the products in the internal pages this way, which makes them look much more appealing at first glance.

These days, many designers forget there are still many surfers out there using IE6. The numbers are going down but I would bet they are higher among people using the products you sell. I would actually expect some dial-up connections too. I keep a copy of IE6 to review pages and tend to find issues many developers overlook (especially when it comes to things like column drop in tableless designs - though you don't have that problem).

Take a look at the attached snapshot and compare it to how you see the site. The background color is not showing up so the wording on the home page is on the wood background rather than the tan coloring. Makes much of it tougher to read.

I included the snapshot with the logo section removed because the page was already pretty long without it. You can zoom on the image to check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!